"The two leaders have submitted their resignations".
Distancing itself from the bandh call, JCCI President Rakesh Gupta said: "We worship Maa Lakshmi and Maa Durga".
Mr. Kaul denied that the resignations indicated any wrongdoing. "Now, they have produced the challan (charge sheet) in the court for judicial determination", he said.
Also, commenting on the Unnao rape case, Lekhi said that a probe into the incident was ordered as soon as the chief minister's office received the victim's letter naming the accused BJP MLA, Kuldeep Singh Sengar.
Holding up placards that read out messages expressing their deep sorrow over the Kathua case, celebrities like Kalki Koechlin, Huma Qureshi, Swara Bhaskar among others, pleaded for #JusticeForOurChild. "An assessment of the political and law and order situation will be done".
Note: We thank The Quint, which first broke this exclusive story. "We don't want this to be seen as a publicity interest litigation". Endorsing PDP leader Tassaduq Mufti's remarks on PDP-BJP "being partners in crime", Mr. Bhat said he represented the sentiment of the rank and file.
Though Kathua gang-rape and murder took place in January, the details only emerged earlier this week, when the Crime Branch presented the charge-sheet after a great difficulty.
"... That it has also come in the media report that the family of the victim as well as the counsel who is conducting the case on behalf of the victim has been openly threatened by the accused persons".
"No sane person will support such a criminal act".
#7. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court (SC) said today it will, of its own accord, examine the horrific Kathua rape incident, provided advocates presented the facts of the case to the court in writing.
The Bar Association of Jammu supported the lawyers and organised a strike against the FIR on Wednesday.
Congress has told that it will take as civil disobedience movement against the government if they fail to take any action against the ministers.
- Conn. sub teacher arrested for holding after school 'fight club'
- How to watch Harry and Meghan get married
- President Trump Pardons Scooter Libby
- How Jose is keeping his United squad focused
- China March new loans rise to 1.12 trln yuan but miss forecasts
- Amid trade fight, Trump says he'll 'make it up' to farmers
- Dallas Cowboys to release WR Dez Bryant
- Who would be Mueller's boss if Rosenstein goes?
- Suspect accused of killing MA cop reportedly had 114 prior offenses
- Unnao rape case: CBI arrests accused BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar