Probable XI: Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Kane Williamson (c), Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Shakib Al Hasan, Rashid Khan, Billy Stanlake, Siddarth Kaul, Bhuvneshwar Kumar. He got an able partner in Shakib Al Hasan as the duo nurtured along and strung 59 runs together to bring the equation down to run-a-ball. Sunil Narine is a blistering with the bat and the second-highest run scorer for KKR, with Australian Chris Lynn being the other master blaster who can cause serious dent to the bowling.
Narine also castled Shikhar Dhawan (7; 7b 1x4 0x6) with an overpitched ball which the India southpaw tried to defend and the ball sneaked under his bat.
Leading 8-4 on head-to-head count, KKR will fancy chances against a team who had lost by 17 runs the last time they clashed at Eden Gardens in the last edition. Mitchell Johnson (3-30-1), Piyush Chawla (4-20-1) and Kuldeep Yadav (4-23-1) also chipped in with a wicket each.
It has been only two days since the Sunrisers Hyderabad has endured a nerve-wracking and both physically and psychologically draining match with the Mumbai Indians.
True to expectations, the quick bowlers had a good outing in the previous match at the Eden Gardens; where they picked up 10 wickets (economy 8.54), while the spin bowlers collected 3 wickets (economy 9.50). The bounce was tennis-balley, and the wickets of Rana and Russell were only thanks to two great catches. Chris Lynn was the top-scorer for the home side with 49 off 34 balls. "Think I should buy Manish some beers after this", he said after receiving the award.
In such a case, Under-19 World Cup winning stars Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shivam Mavi could get a look in.
Opener Roy made a mockery of a listless attack as he hammered six fours and as many sixes in his 53 ball knock to help Delhi overhaul the home team's 194/7 for their first win of the season.
Sunil Narine did not have a good time against Chennai Super Kings on Tuesday.
Kolkata were cruising well at 52 for 1 in seven overs when a rain interruption forced the players to go indoors.
England's Jason Roy took his place and lead the Daredevils to victory in the final over of the match, producing an innings of 91 not out from 53 balls. Strong bowling department SRH made the most of hour-long rain break. If Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is fit then it would be too harsh to keep Sandeep Sharma out of the squad given his fantastic 2-25 in the last game. "Nice to get out there and get a couple of wickets".
- Bulgaria condemns chemical weapon attack in Syrian town of Douma
- Top Homeland Security aide quits on Bolton's second day
- Marseille vs. Salzburg, Arsenal vs. Atletico in Europa semi-finals
- Drinking too much can take years off of your life
- Moto G6 Play images posted on Instagram with specs
- Telegram chat app blocked in Russian Federation
- Watchdog confirms nerve agent was used to poison ex-Russian spy
- 'September': Taylor Swift Dragged for Countrified Cover of Earth, Wind & Fire Classic
- NTSB says it removed Tesla from deadly crash investigation, Tesla disputes claim
- Hearing related to Federal Bureau of Investigation raid at Trump lawyer's office is set