Next up for United is a mouthwatering Premier League encounter with Arsenal at Old Trafford tomorrow, but who will start for them?
The pair frequently clashed, with Mourinho often appearing to relish baiting Wenger, whom he has previously referred to as a "voyeur" and "a specialist in failure".
"We come out tonight with a bitter taste", Wenger told reporters after the penultimate home game of his 22-year reign at Arsenal.
"Yes I do and probably he also does", he said when asked if he has any regrets about things he's said. I turned many, many, many clubs down to face the challenge when we built the stadium, said Wenger, referring to the Emirates, ahead of the upcoming tie with United.
"When I arrived in England in 2004, Arsenal was the champion and was the famous champion of Invincibles, and I arrive and for the next couple of years it was with them". With Tony Adams, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires all missing, Sylvain Wiltord proved the unlikely hero.
"They pushed us to the limit, the two matches we played, not at the Emirates (Stadium), but at the wonderful old stadium (Highbury), unforgettable".
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho believes many years of experience have made him a better manager in "every way" and says he expects his stint at the Reds to be the longest of his career. "We had big matches, big fights, so thank you so much for that".
Arsene Wenger said he doesn't know what type of reception he will get at Old Trafford.
"To stay a manager, to have four or five years to try to get a trophy and to improve the team, I don't think you allow that any more".
"Of course [it will be little bit odd to face Alexis]".
However, a stellar display against Manchester City in the Premier League and a sublime performance against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup semi-final, which consisted of a world-class assist from Pogba answered the questions posed by the journalists.
"First recover, because the players have given a lot, and then see what we can do over there".
He has led his Arsenal side on pre-season tours to China in the past and worked at Japanese side Nagoya Grampus Eight before he took over at Arsenal.
- Chief Justice Misra says govt has right to reject appointments
- Special edition iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus available for purchase in India
- Attorneys: Forced Labor Accusations Against N. Texas Couple Are 'Lies'
- Markets Right Now: Industrials, big technology stocks sink
- Q2 2018 EPS Estimates for Wynn Resorts (WYNN) Cut by Analyst
- Walmart on edge of United Kingdom market: Sainsbury and Asda in merger talks
- SC Collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices for 3 High Courts
- Size of new Eagle Dallas Goedert's hometown made football a challenge
- State Chairmen of Ali Modu Sheriff faction of PDP join APC
- The Boston Connections To The New Museum On Racism In Alabama