Rebounds - Loyola of Chicago 31 (Ingram 9), MI 35 (Wagner 14). Will be updated. With AP Photos.
Wagner, Charles Matthews and the Wolverines erased a 10-point second-half deficit and MI beat the Ramblers 69-57 Saturday night in the Final Four.
Villanova, who won it all in 2016 on a buzzer-beating three, aims for its second title in three years, while MI seeks its first championship since 1989.
Sister Jean is 98 years old, but that didn't stop her from attending all of Loyola-Chicago's tournament games and becoming a highlight of numerous television broadcasts.
Loyola Chicago guard Ben Richardson (14) hugs Loyola Chicago head coach Porter Moser as he. Fans agree, and say they're hardly disappointed with this season, even though it came to an end sooner than they would have liked. "They believed, they wanted to advance".
Moritz Wagner refused to let the Michigan Wolverines become Loyola-Chicago's next victim. Things started rolling. Wagner, who must have decided he'd need an assist to accompany his 24 points and 15 rebounds, would ship a beaut of a pass low to Charles Matthews for a reverse layup. Matthews, the Kentucky transfer and Chicago native, added 17 points, including a run-out dunk with 1:33 left that made it 63-53.
Katie Kasuvke is on the school's softball team, and said she understands what the team went through to get to the Final Four.
MI led early by as many as eight points, but the underdog Ramblers shook off their nerves and showed that the lights were not too bright.
Despite missing all three of their first-half three-point tries, Loyola-Chicago converted 10 of its 24 looks from the field, scored 18 points in the paint and went nine of 10 at the free-throw line over the first 20 minutes of play against MI.
The Wildcats made a Final Four-record 18 3-pointers and Eric Paschall scored 24 points on 10-of-11 shooting as Villanova cruised to victory in a battle of No. 1 seeds.
Custer scored seven straight points for Loyola at one point to put the Ramblers up 41-31 with 14:08 remaining.
- Afghan military bombs religious school, kills at least 70
- USA troops 'to stay in Syria until IS defeated'
- Dallet wins Wisconsin Supreme Court race
- Apple Stokes Artificial Intelligence Talent Battle With Google Hire
- Analysts Set Nokia (NOK) Price Target at $5.51
- Prince Philip to have hip surgery today ahead of royal wedding
- Judge casts doubt on Manafort effort to kill Mueller indictments
- Google might release a mid-range Pixel smartphone in India
- Arike Ogunbowale encore! Final Four hero lifts Notre Dame to NCAA title
- USA concerned over anti-fake news bill