According to the report, Neymar suffered the injury to his right foot on February 25, and the initial diagnosis ruled him out of further action for PSG this season. Neymar had recently sat out Brazil's global friendlies against Russian Federation and Germany due to injury.
Neymar, who is crucial to Brazil's hopes at the World Cup which starts in Russian Federation on 14 June, was hurt on 25 February against Marseille and returned to Brazil for treatment.
He will have to watch remotely on Saturday as PSG meet Monaco in the Coupe de la Ligue final at Matmut Atlantique in Bordeaux, after scoring once en route to the showpiece match.
The Brazilian returned home for surgery and has been recovering away from the club since, but according to Emery, he should be back in Paris soon.
"We spoke about the final", Emery said. Neymar arrived in PSG from Barcelona on a world-record AU$264 million transfer last summer.
"The doctors aren't yet in a position to say exactly when he will return", Al-Khelaifi said at the time.
On Friday, Monaco defender Kamil Glik told a press conference that PSG will miss Neymar "but that doesn't change much for us". "We know what we have to do to win this trophy".
UOL's report added that the player wants to play as much as possible ahead of the World Cup in Russian Federation in order to be closer to full fitness.
- Warriors SG Thompson expected back on Saturday
- Assured Anthony Joshua too good for Parker
- Kathleen Wynne launches attack on PC leader Doug Ford
- Punter Marquette King drawing interest from Minnesota Vikings
- FSU Basketball fans should root for Loyola Chicago to win Final Four
- Fox News host Laura Ingraham takes week off after David Hogg comments
- Google dedicates doodle for India's first female physician Anandi Gopal Joshi
- Buzzer-beater pushes Notre Dame past UConn in women's Final Four
- Fury as Catalan leader arrested in Scotland
- El-Sisi wins Egypt election with 92 percent