Nixon says she was honored to receive the endorsement Saturday and "inspired by the enthusiasm of progressive working-class members of the party".
As governor, Cynthia would fight for a progressive agenda in NY by supporting policies to provide health care for all, legalize marijuana, and take corporate money out of politics. It endorsed Democratic incumbent Andrew Cuomo four years ago.
"I am so incredibly excited to have earned the endorsement from the Working Families Party, the heart & soul of communities across the state".
"We have to stop putting people of color in jail for something that white people do with impunity", she said.
"Today, the Working Families Party voted to endorse two visionary candidates who will transform NY into a progressive leader and put the power back into the hands of the people, not just a wealthy few".
She said that NY would be different if she were in charge, she promised to end cash bail, make NY a sanctuary state for immigrants, and phase out fossil fuels. Nixon made a point to criticize such tactics on Saturday, and she had already been characterizing Cuomo as a Trump-like bully.
Nixon is probably best known for her role as one of the stars in the TV show "Sex and the City" from the early 2000s, and has also won an Emmy, a Tony, and a Grammy award.
- Daniel Ricciardo fires warning to Vettel and Hamilton after Chinese GP win
- What to Expect and Who You'll See — Sunday's ACM Awards
- Manchester United's Jose Mourinho praises 'classy' celebration after derby win
- Confirmed: First Premier League promotion sealed
- So, Destiny's Child reunited on stage at Coachella and we're DEAD
- Commonwealth Games: England men & women reach rugby sevens semis
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Hanley Ramirez escapes with bruise as X-rays on wrist are negative
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger unhappy over VAR decision
- Guardiola will play golf as City await title