Swedish Prime Minister Lofven received PM Modi at the airport.
The CHOGM is a multilateral organisation known for its focus on the development issues that confront the Small States and Small Island Developing States (SIDS), many of whom have deep historical and bilateral ties with India. PM Modi arrived in the capital of Sweden, the first bilateral visit by an Indian premier to the Nordic nation in 30 years.
Mr. Modi's hectic day of meetings began with his reception by His Majesty the King, with Crown Princess Victoria present, at 1p.m. IST, following which he joined a bilateral discussion with Mr. Löfven at Sager House, the official residence of the Prime Minister of Sweden.
"Sweden and India have agreed to work towards a security agreement allowing us to exchange certain types of classified information required to work together on defence materials", Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven told reporters after meeting his Indian counterpart in Stockholm.
The two Prime Ministers will hold bilateral talks on Tuesday. The Summit would also underline the role of Nordic countries as global innovation leaders, especially the Nordic approach to innovation systems, characterised by a strong collaboration between public and private sectors and academia.
India and Sweden will also jointly organise the India-Nordic Summit in Stockholm today.
The Prime Minister said he would also call on King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf.
From Sweden, Modi will later tomorrow travel to the United Kingdom where he will also attend the CHOGM, besides holding bilateral talks with his British counterpart Theresa May.
- How a Supreme Court case could affect your online purchases
- Wade steps up to help Heat beat 76ers
- USA pastor on trial for alleged terror ties
- Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur charged with murdering Sri Lankan man
- Protests in Yerevan: announced the beginning of the revolution
- Economy Watch: Retail Sales See Healthy Uptick in March
- California Trump Government Arrange in dispute for National Guard troops at Edge
- United States weighing additional sanctions on Russian Federation
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Gov't Accountability Office Says Pruitt's $43000 Phone Booth Was Illegal