Counties all across OH are aiding in the effort to combat drug addiction by participating in National Drug Take Back Day this Saturday, April 28.
Bring medications for disposal to the Cloverdale Police Department, 112 Broad St., Cloverdale.
Law enforcement agencies in New Orleans will be setting up free and anonymous collection sites for unused and expired prescription pills on Saturday (April 28) in an effort to reduce record numbers of overdose deaths across the country.
Normally, officials say they collect approximately 1,500 pounds of unused or expired medications statewide.
Collection sites will be set up to offer Vermonters a safe, convenient and responsible way to dispose of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
The Huron Police Department and Drug Enforcement Administration are hosting the event.
"We are not trying to make a drug case against somebody that is trying to do the right thing and get rid of these unused prescription drugs", says Byerley.
Nationally, prescription drugs are the second-most abused category of drugs after marijuana, with one in five young adults reporting that they have abused a prescription drug. "This is a crisis that must be addressed from multiple angles".
Herring has outlined some of the next steps he wants to recommend, including focusing on law enforcement initiatives, support from the medical community, and more for recovery, treatment, prevention and education. Opioid addiction impacts Native American communities just as it does all parts of American society. The goal this year is to take back 3,000 pounds. DEA remains committed to supporting public safety in American Indian and Alaska Native communities.
It's designated to prevent the abuse of prescription medications that linger in residents' medicine cabinets.
"Surgical providers write almost 10 percent of all opioid prescriptions and approximately 80 percent of the pills of those 28.3 million prescriptions go unused, leaving a staggering number of pills available for diversion and leaving them vulnerable to abuse or misuse", said Dr. Stulberg.
- Napoli attacker Lorenzo Insigne taunts Juventus after shock win
- 2 officers, 1 civilian shot in Dallas
- Medvedev discusses situation in Armenia with its acting prime minister
- Mexico and European Union reach new trade deal
- President George HW Bush Rushed to Hospital
- Capitals advance with Game 6 win over Jackets
- Conte: Mourinho and I have resolved feud
- Intertek Group plc (LON:ITRK) Ratings Summary as of April 23, 2018
- Amazon rumoured to be developing a domestic robot
- Prince William, Kate Middleton Announce Birth of Son