While the fans have been left disheartened by the move, so have been the CSK players who wanted to repay the enthusiastic home crowd with deserved cricket. I was told that by media but it is not true.
CSK next play Kings XI Punjab at Mohali's IS Bindra Stadium on Sunday.
Committee of Administrator (CoA) Vinod Rai said the prevailing conditions had led the BCCI to have others options ready.
The decision has disappointed the players. There are four alternative venues that BCCI has kept ready. They are Visakhapatnam, Trivandrum, Pune and Rajkot. The match was played under intense police security. "Keep supporting us it makes a huge difference!", Billings wrote.
Asked why Ranchi, the hometown of CSK's iconic captain M.S. Dhoni was not considered, he said: "It was not in the list given to us by the Board".
Later in the day, Kasi Viswanathan, the CEO of Chennai Super Kings, confirmed to Wisden India that the situation has gone out of TNCA's hands. "They will update on an alternate venue", he said. "After that only we can decide".
Tuesday's game against the Kolkata Knight Riders was the first in Chennai since the reintroduction of the Super Kings franchise this season. "He suggested we shift the matches as the situation is volatile in the city".
Chennai Super Kings will have a new home in Pune. Apart from a shoe-throwing incident, the proceedings inside the stadium were largely peaceful.
IPL organisers have sought additional security in the wake of the protest by various Tamil outfits.
Protesters burned merchandise and jostled with police outside a cricket stadium in Chennai on Tuesday, demanding Indian Premier League matches be cancelled as the southern city reels from a water crisis.
Tamil Nadu has been witnessing protests for the past one week, urging the Centre to constitute the Cauvery Management Board (CMB). They braved the protests that happened outside Chepauk regarding the Cauvery issue to come out and support their favourite franchise and Chennai rewarded them with a thrilling win. Indian batsman Suresh Raina took to Twitter to express his disappointment on the decision and said that he will miss playing the IPL matches in the city.
- GAME OVER: Kaepernick SNUBBED by Team After Refusing to STAND
- Comey: John Kelly called Trump "dishonorable" for firing me
- President Trump Signs Order To Strengthen Welfare Work Requirements
- Man Robs Bank To Impress Taylor Swift & Throw Cash Over Her Fence
- Uber app to offer public transport tickets
- Trinity softball splits doubleheader against Our Lady of the Lake University
- Spotify And Hulu Shake Hand For $13 Subscription Plan
- Donald Trump weighs USA rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Timberwolves Clinch First Playoffs Berth in 14 Years
- Soon, you can download your Instagram data