ESPN's Ramona Shelburne reported that all Embiid had to do to clear concussion protocol was prove he could withstand contact.
Embiid sustained the eye injury in a March 28 collision with rookie Markelle Fultz.
The 7-footer wore the mask during pregame shooting drills and would need one in the postseason. So we got a pretty good chance for Game 2 or Game 3.
The timetable for his return is still unclear. Game 3 is Thursday night in Miami. Other than a handful of games, he's been the best player on the court.
"Sixers head coach Brett Brown appeared on NBCSN's Dan Patrick Show (h/t NBC Sports Philadelphia) on Friday and said: "[Embiid] will not play in Game 1.
John Wall had 23 points and 15 assists for the Wizards, while Markieff Morris had 22 points and 11 rebounds.
Overall, Philadelphia is riding a 16-game winning streak into the playoffs.
Without Embiid, the Sixers dominated the Heat in Game 1. "And to have him come back and save the day because we lost Game 1, that's not going to happen".
- Turkey's Edrogan welcomes United States , allied strike on Syria chemical weapons sites
- Cumbria's Helen Housby secures Commonwealth netball win
- Commonwealth Games: England men & women reach rugby sevens semis
- Nixon gets new endorsement for NY governor race
- Eagles CB Daryl Worley arrested, police use taser
- In Peru, Pence defends Syria military strike
- Family releases statement on Barbara Bush's 'failing health'
- Bon Jovi reunites for performance
- Manchester City Win Premier League Title
- Ferrari stun rivals with qualifying speed