Just one day after saying he didn't think his team was having problems generating offense (the Bruins scored on three of 45 shots in Game 5), Bruce Cassidy made a decision to weaken his offense by scratching Danton Heinen and replacing him with Tommy Wingels. Updates with new lead.
That's why when asked for a prediction for Game 7 of the Bruins-Maple Leafs' series, the Red Sox slugger didn't hesitate. It was the surprising play of Leaf centre Tomas Plekanec between Mitch Marner and Patrick Marleau that made most of the difference in containing the Bruins unit in the three wins. They also trailed 1-0 early in the second period of this one.
"On behalf of myself and my teammates, we'd like to extend our deepest sorrow and thoughts to all the victims, the victims' families, the men and women first on the scene, the fearless men and women first on the scene, who do so much to keep everybody safe - thank you so much", he said. That was actually Pastrnak's third miss in the game, with Andersen robbing him on one other occasion and the goal post doing it as well, and it preserved a 4-2 lead.
If the seventh and deciding game of an National Hockey League playoff series can be broken down into simple components, then the Toronto Maple Leafs' chances of success Wednesday night ride on two things. Most of the players woke from their pregame naps to learn of the incident at 1:30 p.m. that also injured 15 people.
If you're a Toronto sports fan, Wednesday is the biggest day on the sporting calendar. This year, Toronto battled back after being 3-1 down against the Bruins but the final test awaits in Game 7. The goalie makes saves.
You may be hoping for an easy Game 7 victory for the Bruins, but Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik is hoping for something far different. Then when Jake DeBrusk took a Krejci faceoff win and ripped it past Andersen 1:02 into the second, it appeared they had taken their rightful place in the lead.
"Listen, yesterday in Toronto, the first-responders, they were under pressure".
The Leafs appeared to go ahead at 3:04 when Zach Hyman beat Rask with a no-look backhand as he fell to the ice. The Bruins challenged the play for goalie interference, and replays showed the forward knocked the stick out of Rask's hands as he cruised through the crease just before scoring.
Boston hasn't played in round two of the playoffs since 2013-14. "Tough given the position we were in". "He can play up in the lineup, he had success going down [to the fourth line] with [Sean] Kuraly".
Rask then robbed Nylander off a great feed from Auston Matthews. It's going to take a lot more traffic in front of Andersen and better disguising of their shots to reverse this trend in the series finale.
While his top line hasn't produced as of late, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy said that the chances have been for the trio - with frustration perhaps being a factor in their recent lack of production.
This turned out to be the winning goal, and it's a worth a look.
"You can't read the backhand shot, it was a good shot right over the pad", Rask said about Marner's goal.
Marchand came close when his shot off another turnover struck the inside of Andersen's pad and bounced out the other side.
- The Minnesota Wild became the first team this off-season to fire their General Manager, as the club announced on Monday that they will not renew the contract of Chuck Fletcher after nine seasons. The Maple Leafs are trying to advance past the first round of the playoffs for the first time since the 2003-04 season.
- Everton boss Sam Allardyce defends style of play
- OnePlus 6 Glass Back Confirmed, Purple Model Teased
- Trump snaps at reporter for asking about possible Michael Cohen pardon
- Napoli attacker Lorenzo Insigne taunts Juventus after shock win
- Medvedev discusses situation in Armenia with its acting prime minister
- Jetstar examines checks after 12-year-old's lone Bali trip
- Google, Amazon services blocked in Russian Federation
- Lance Armstrong Settles $100M Lawsuit With USPS, Justice Department
- Amazon rumoured to be developing a domestic robot
- Intertek Group plc (LON:ITRK) Ratings Summary as of April 23, 2018