Tiger Roll might be small in stature but he's a giant in his heart and he's just claimed an incredible win in the Grand National.
The 38-year-old, the oldest jockey in the race, feared he had hit the front too soon on the Gordon Elliott-trained 10-1 shot but hung on by a head to beat the fast-finishing Pleasant Company. Tiger Rol has won the Grand National Steeplechase in a photo finish over Pleasant Company in one of the closest races in years at Aintree.
Bless The Wing, another Elliott-trained horse, finished third with Anibale Fly fourth, completing an Irish clean sweep of the places.
Afterwards he told ITV: I've won this race a thousand times in my head, in my dreams as a child.
Tiger Roll, owned by Ryanair chief Michael O'Leary, also gave trainer Gordon Elliott a second win, having previously triumphed with Silver Birch in 2007.
"He'd better keep him now!"
An emotional Davy Russell's thoughts were immediately with another Irish racing legend; "He's an unbelievable horse. this one is for Pat Smullen" he said in the aftermath.
"Coming here I was really anxious about the ground". I can't believe it, to be honest.
"Having to beat Willie is tough, he's an fantastic man and sets the standards, one of the greatest of all time and to be training at the same time as him is unbelievable".
One wrote: "I don't normally let my emotions get the best of me but f**k the grand national".
This year Elliott holds a big lead heading into the final weeks and his General Principle narrowly outpointed the Mullins-trained Isleofhopendreams in the Irish Grand National at Fairyhouse on Easter Monday.
- Top Homeland Security aide quits on Bolton's second day
- Inslee, Ferguson cautiously optimistic after Trump's 'promise' to protect states' marijuana rights
- KKR aiming to halt SRH winning run
- Commonwealth Games: 13 missing African athletes could be avoiding returning home
- Kylie Jenner Debuts Pink Hair Ahead of Coachella
- Marseille vs. Salzburg, Arsenal vs. Atletico in Europa semi-finals
- Jeremy Corbyn: Allies' bombing is 'legally questionable'
- 'September': Taylor Swift Dragged for Countrified Cover of Earth, Wind & Fire Classic
- Swedbank Increased Its Jpmorgan Chase & (JPM) Stake
- Kids were sexually assaulted because teachers were protesting: Kentucky gov.