Tiger Woods is expected to play at the Wells Fargo Championship at Charlotte's Quail Hollow Club next week, according to the Golf Channel, which cited multiple unnamed sources. He's also now No. 12 in strokes gained overall on the entire PGA Tour.
"Generally after this tournament, I put away the clubs for a while", Woods said following the conclusion of the Masters.
The Wells Fargo is rolling out new attractions next week, including a concert, wine bar and special lounge for Wells Fargo customers. David Toms, Vijay Singh, Jim Furyk, Rory McIlroy and Lucas Glover are the others.
Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, who have helped PGA Tour events this season attract huge crowds and substantial ratings bumps with strong performances near the twilight of their careers, committed to The Players Championship on Thursday.
Tickets are on sale online and Dick's Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy locations.
Woods, 42, hasn't played since finishing T-32 at the Masters earlier this month. He has made the cut in five of six events, including two top-fives, since returning from spinal fusion surgery at the end of 2017.
- White House confirms Trump has 'no plans to visit Ireland'
- Cloud, Office growth helps Microsoft log $36.8bn in revenue
- Dez Bryant Reportedly Turned Down Baltimore Ravens Deal
- US Senate confirms Mike Pompeo as Trump's next secretary of state
- Nintendo annual profits soar 36 percent to $1.27bn on Switch sales
- Amazon profit more than doubles; shares soar
- Kim Jong-un makes history, crosses border into South
- Pakistani court disqualifies foreign minister for hiding assets
- Von Miller Loses His Mind After Broncos Draft Chubb
- At least 15 Injuries in Superior Explosion; Fire Still Active