Sanchez reported that the storms could arrive in Anderson County anywhere between 6 and 10 p.m. this evening. Bossier Parish Schools have cancelled all after-school outdoor events this Friday afternoon. In addition to the heavy snow, strong winds gusting between 40 to 50 miles per hour will bring the possibility of blizzard conditions to west central Minnesota.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for much of the region, including Denton County. You should notice rapidly growing clouds by noon to 2 p.m. Colder air will begin to move into central Minnesota Friday afternoon and evening, changing the precipitation to snow across central and western Minnesota.
"Although we often think that tornadoes maybe the worst thing we certainly need to keep in mind that severe thunderstorms can be devastating as well". The main threats are looking to be more high winds and large hail, but an isolated tornado or two can't be ruled out.
The weather threats are expected to include damaging winds on Friday ahead of the early Saturday cold front.
The scattered storms that are moving through East Texas at this time are not expected to become severe, a few may be fairly strong, but the more severe weather is beginning to form north and northwest of the Dallas/Fort Worth area at this time.
- Actor, comedian Will Ferrell hospitalized after serious auto accident
- Kathua, Unnao rape-case
- Friday of protest in Gaza
- How Jose is keeping his United squad focused
- Dallas Cowboys to release WR Dez Bryant
- Suspect accused of killing MA cop reportedly had 114 prior offenses
- How to watch Harry and Meghan get married
- Ex-FBI deputy director faulted by Justice Dept. on media disclosure
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- U.S. still assessing intelligence on Syria chemical attack: Mattis