As the World Health Organization says some 500 patients showed signs of exposure to toxic chemicals following shelling on the town of Douma, the US President responds to Russia's claim it would shoot down any US missiles fired in retaliation for the alleged attack.
Russian Federation is deploying troops to the Syrian town of Douma where 40 people were killed in a suspected poison gas attack.
In Mauro's opinion, it would be beneficial for the U.S.to "double-down" on its relationship with Kurdish fighters.
Shortly after warning that missiles were coming, Trump tweeted that the U.S. "relationship with Russian Federation is worse now than it has ever been, and that includes the Cold War". There is no reason for this. "Stop the arms race?" he wrote.
Russian ambassador to Lebanon, Alexander Zasypkin, said Moscow will shoot down any US missiles fired at Syria and retaliate against American launch sites. Trump tweeted, referring to Moscow's alliance with Assad.
Upping the stakes in an escalating confrontation with Moscow, Trump took to Twitter in the strongest assertion yet that he plans to take military action in Syria.
"Smart missiles should fly in the direction of terrorists and not the legitimate government, which for several years has been battling with global terrorism on its territory", spokeswoman Maria Zakharova wrote on Facebook.
Illustrative photo of a US Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle flying over northern Iraq on September 23, 2014, after conducting airstrikes in Syria.
Zasypkin also said a clash between Russian Federation and the United States over Syria "should be ruled out and therefore we are ready to hold negotiations".
A similar assessment was delivered earlier today by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based war monitor, which said that pro-Syrian government forces were emptying main airports and military air bases.
Eurocontrol, despite not specifying the origin or any potential missile threat, also mentioned there is also a risk of "intermittent disruption of radio navigation equipment" and due consideration needs to be taken when planning flight operations in the region.
Syria denies the accusation.
- UN Security Council Meets About Syria As Inspectors Prepare To Head In
- Zuckerberg faces tougher questions at House hearing
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Dwyane Wade speaks out in defense of Russell Westbrook
- Commonwealth Games: Akani Simbine & Michelle-Lee Ahye win 100m titles
- New York Knicks Fire Head Coach Jeff Hornacek
- Removing "Void if Removed" Stickers Doesn't Void Your Warranty
- Chelsea legend Marcel Desailly urges membership to stick with Antonio Conte
- Woman claims to post sex tape, explicit texts with Tristan Thompson
- Junket tourism