The curriculum will be all college coursework taught by Meramec faculty.
In case future winters bring as many snow days as the current one, the board voted to add a clarification to the 2018-19 school calendar.
"People are so quick to jump on a problem, and instead of bashing the district, which puts a negative light on the whole community, let's come together to find out ways to (find) a solution", Rucker said. Residents are encouraged to attend the public hearing scheduled for Wednesday, May 2, in the Bethlehem Central High School library. Students in the newly-incorporated areas will also feed into William B. Orenic Intermediate School and Troy Middle School. The school has been on the schedule since the start of the school year and has partnered with the Boys and Girls Club of Fremont County to create a program where children can spend their Fridays.
Wright said his appointment to board president is a reflection of what voters want for the School District.
"That is about $20 million higher than previous year", said Coughlin.
I do not believe a school board member should have a personal agenda or be someone who might keep our district from succeeding. Magara also presented budget reviews March 13 and 27.
"While many places are seeing their costs going up here, we're actually going to see a reduction of around $1 million because of things we did several years ago", he said.
Stakeholders across the board were concerned about retaining teachers and improving staff morale with attendees at each meeting, as well as the school board, listing those as top priorities for the incoming superintendent. She also said enrollment at the schools continues to increase and urged the council to consider increasing the school impact fees assessed to real estate developers for new residential developments.
"Dr. Watkins has a 34-year career in public education, retiring in 1999 after 21 years with the Independence School District", Knox wrote.
"As long as the School Board and the school system has the capacity to support school construction and oversee the process, they should", said Larson, who served a term on the School Board.
Board members Johnny Hilton, William Byrd, Bonnie Disney, Lucille McQuilla and the Rev. Ralph Canty voted in favor of Interim Superintendent Debbie Hamm's revised proposal.
Following the meeting the board went into the second session of certified negotiations, with special requests to be recognized in various departments.
- Trump to Russia: "Get ready" for U.S. missile strikes on Syria
- Cristiano Ronaldo can not understand Juventus complaints over last-gasp penalty
- Chelsea legend Marcel Desailly urges membership to stick with Antonio Conte
- Azerbaijan maintains constructive, friendly relations with SCO members: Ilham Aliyev
- Soon, you can download your Instagram data
- Tottenham to be without England worldwide for visit of Manchester City
- Man Robs Bank To Impress Taylor Swift & Throw Cash Over Her Fence
- Spotify And Hulu Shake Hand For $13 Subscription Plan
- Supporting magazine paid $30000 to doorman over rumour he fathered love child
- President Trump Signs Order To Strengthen Welfare Work Requirements