"Any shut down call or call for peaceful protests for Manzoor Ahmed whose decapitated body was found in North Kashmir after he'd been abducted & killed by militants? No?"
Gunmen beheaded a Kashmiri youth after kidnapping him and his father from their home in Hajin area of Jammu and Kashmir's north-western district of Baramulla. The deceased, Manzoor Ahmad, and his father had been kidnapped by the terrorists. "Manzoor [Bhat] was abducted by militants affiliated to the Lashkar-e-Taiba after they barged into the house of Abdul Gaffar Bhat [Manzoor's father] and assaulted those inside", the police statement said.
"The dead body of Manzoor Ahmed Bhat who was abducted by the terrorists of outlawed LeT in the intervening night of 4/5 April was found on the outskirts of Hajin today morning", a police spokesperson said. This is the second such incident in the past few days where civilians have been targeted by militants in the Kashmir Valley.
The J-K Police has prevented six youths of South Kashmir from joining militants.
His father was also injured during the incident and is battling for his life at Srinagar hospital.
Security forces are on the look out for the terrorists responsible for the said acts, said a police official. "This new group, comprising four to five foreign militants, are again active in the area and they want to terrorise the local population by killing innocent people", Azad said. Moreover, reports suggest that a local terrorist, Mohommad Saleem Parrey has a major role in killing the 24-year-old.
- Gaza buries journalist killed while covering mass protests
- New synthetic marijuana causes severe bleeding
- UFC star McGregor arraigned on felony criminal mischief
- Kevin De Bruyne is Man City's hardest worker - Pep Guardiola
- BJP trying to destroy multiculturalism in Karnataka: Rahul
- Spain will respect German ruling on Puigdemont
- Shohei Ohtani goes deep again in Angels' win over Athletics
- Bollywood star Salman Khan convicted, gets 5 years for poaching rare deer
- Belgian rider in 'life-threatening' condition after cardiac arrest
- Everton 0, Liverpool 0: Man of the Match