"Medical assistance was provided by the U.S. Surgeon General who worked with our flight crew to aid the customer", Delta confirmed in a statement.
The call for help was quickly answered by U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams, who was another passenger on the flight.
Dr. Jerome Adams was aboard flight 1827 from Ft.
A Delta Air Lines plane was about to take off from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport when a passenger on board lost consciousness, Wednesday.
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant also offered up praise, tweeting, "Nice job, Dr. Adams!" on Wednesday.
Delta tweeted him back thanking Adams for "volunteering as well as your service".
He added, "Patient doing well and like a good #USPHS officer, I was glad to be able to assist!"
Flight staff called for help, and Adams, along with two nurses, stepped in to help evaluate the passenger. Fellow Twitter users also flooded his tweet with positive comments, saying he was in the right place at the right time. Adams telephoned the passenger's spouse to explain the situation and helped escort the individual off the plane to medical personnel waiting at the gate.
Adams was sworn into office by Vice President Mike Pence in September 2017.
- Trump Lists Michael Cohen Payment on Financial Disclosure
- NY Mayor De Blasio Promises To Stop Arresting People For Marijuana
- Manchester United Hold Initial Talks With Chelsea Winger's Agents
- Guatemala inaugurates embassy in Jerusalem after USA move
- SmackDown Live Championship Matches Set For Money In The Bank
- Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes ace details Monaco Grand Prix hopes after testing
- Petr Čech says Arsenal continuity needed with new manager
- Senate Judiciary Witness: Trump loves listening to rap songs about himself
- Scottish Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Flagship Brexit Legislation As Constitutional Crisis Looms
- Men Producer Weighs in on the Possibility of a Deadpool/Wolverine Movie