"We call for credible global investigations relating to the occupation crimes", - said the head of the Arab League extraordinary summit of foreign Ministers of the Arab countries, which was held on may 17 in Cairo.
Dozens of Palestinians have been killed and many others injured in clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli forces.
The United States officially relocated its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem on Monday.
Speaking during the opening of the session, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel bin Ahmed al-Jubeir, who chairs the meeting, said the USA decision to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem defies the worldwide legitimacy and ignores the rights of the Palestinian people.
Abbas also recalled the Palestinian ambassador from Washington this week, cementing an earlier decision to halt contacts with the administration and casting growing doubt on Trump's ambitions to broker an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal. Israel rejects those calls, saying its actions are necessary to stop mass infiltrations from the blockaded Palestinian enclave controlled by Islamist movement Hamas.
The Minister expressed his honest thanks to the sisterly Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for calling for this meeting at this delicate moment to discuss the risky escalation on the Palestinian territories, which pose a threat to the entire region in light of the use of force and the unacceptable targeting of the Palestinian people by the Israeli occupying forces.
The Israeli Defense Forces said fighter jets struck at four Hamas targets in northern Gaza overnight, including "a weapons production facility".
He said Arab states had agreed at previous summit meetings that they would cut ties with any country that moves its embassy to Jerusalem. No injuries was reported on either side.
My first words are to deplore the tragic loss of lives and suffering in Gaza and to express my deep sadness and condolences to the Palestinian people. The riots left 60 individuals dead in some of the bloodiest violence in the area since the 2014 war between Israel and Hamas. It says those approaching the fence have used explosive devices and firebombs, while soldiers have been shot at.
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- NY Mayor De Blasio Promises To Stop Arresting People For Marijuana
- Petrol, Diesel Prices Hiked Again Across India
- Junket tourism
- Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, Quin Snyder all up for National Basketball Association awards
- Media vilifies Israel for 8-month-old Palestinian killed during Gaza protests
- Guatemala inaugurates embassy in Jerusalem after USA move
- Senate Judiciary Witness: Trump loves listening to rap songs about himself
- Petr Čech says Arsenal continuity needed with new manager
- VK Singh's Surprise Visit to North Korea to Rekindle Dormant Ties?