Its gross is massive and record-breaking, yet the question must be asked, will Avengers: Infinity War be able to turn a profit in theaters?
MGM and Lionsgate's Pantelion Films' release of Overboard dipped just 31% in its second weekend delivering an estimated $10.1 million, pushing the film's domestic cume to $29.5 million after ten days in release.
It also became the 21st film ever to hit the milestone in the country and the fifth non-Korean film to do so, following "Avatar" (2009), "Interstellar" (2014), "Frozen" (2014) and "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (2015). By analyzing the current scenario, we definitely think the film can cross $ 2 million mark but crossing the lifetime of Avatar will be a hard task for the Avengers: Infinity War.
Monster Hunt 2 earned the box-office record for an opening weekend in February, when it rang up US$185 million.
At the US box office, "Avengers" easily outpaced its competition in its third weekend. The three-day performance also exceeded the lifetime runs of The Avengers, Captain America: Civil War and Iron Man 3 in the market and it has already become the ninth largest western release all-time in China. Life of the Party will take in about $18.5 million at 3,656 domestic theaters.
"Avengers: Infinity War" is still ruling the box office in its third weekend in theaters, easily beating out the mom-themed fare. It opened in its final foreign market with $200 million. This brings the estimated opening total close to $76 million.
That was better than the critical mauling received by Universal Pictures' "Breaking In", which generated $16.5 million against a forecast of $15 million from Box Office Pro. The movie's opening weekend is predicted to earn $150 million in the first weekend.
So It makes sense that Disney would want to keep things on the down low when it comes to what the real budget it, suffice it to say if the budget was "only" $250-300 million Disney would have no issue reporting it, so its likely to be much higher. And rounding out the top five was "A Quiet Place" with $6.4 million.
The superhero blockbuster overpowered newcomers like the Melissa McCarthy comedy "Life of the Party" and the Gabrielle Union thriller "Breaking In", both of which were strategically timed to debut on Mother's Day weekend. There is no word on whether it will also release in China after a minor delay or not.
- Iran's Foreign Minister in China to rescue nuclear deal
- Mariners 2B Cano fractures hand on HBP
- China first self made aircraft carrier warship started sea trials today
- Neymar 2000 percent certain to stay, says PSG president
- Bolton: 'Regime change' in Iran not policy of Trump administration
- Israel marks opening of United States embassy in Jerusalem amid ongoing protests
- Homeland chief berated, seen as close to quitting
- UFC 224: Mackenzie Dern submits Amanda Cooper with rear-naked choke
- Top Republican says White House should condemn aid who mocked McCain
- 7 killed as blasts, gunfire rock Jalalabad