The France global has always been linked with a move to the Catalan club. However, the Spanish champions' president stressed that he did not have lunch and also urged not to speculate after his comments suggested that he met Griezmann's agent in October 2017.
"In the future, we'll see what happens".
'I let [Bartomeu] know his inappropriate conduct was against the integrity of the competition, especially as we've been competing for the title and Barcelona have been continuously pressuring one of the most important players in our squad'.
"It was last October, it was a meeting, but nothing more". We are talking with him to renew it.
"We will try to reach an agreement because he has had a good season". You don't have to start speculation.
"But we have to be very cautious about saying anything about a player that is not ours and making sure we respect our rivals", he added.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has stressed that the club must look to maintain its salary structure when it comes to negotiations for a new contract for Manchester United target Samuel Umtiti.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu revealed on Monday he had already spoken with Griezmann's agent regarding a potential deal.
'We're fed up with Barcelona's attitude, ' Atletico CEO Miguel Gil Marin said in a statement released by the club.
However, the club supremo insists his relationship with Atletico remains solid.
Frenchman Griezmann has a 100 million euro ($119 million) release clause in his contract and Spanish media reported that Barcelona are ready to pay it.
The 30-year-old, who has scored 3 goals in 34 La Liga games this season has spent all of his career at the Camp Nou since he joined their youth system at the age of 13. They will face Marseille in the final at Parc Olympique Lyonnais on 16 May.
- China trade talks to continue in Washington
- Katy Perry Extends 'Olive Branch' Letter To Taylor Swift
- Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town 9 May 2018: EPL Soccer Preview and Predictions
- Bill & Ted 3 Confirmed, Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter Officially Set
- Mets trade former ace Harvey to Reds Mesoraco
- Trees fall as dust storm engulf Delhi-NCR region
- Johnny Manziel hospitalized over prescription meds reaction
- Laboratory results confirmed two cases of the Disorder
- Emergency alert system test of cell phones failed
- Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods left frustrated at Quail Hollow