Fifth-bottom Levante had won their last four matches but were not meant to be a threat as Barca aimed to become the first team to remain unbeaten in a 38-game LaLiga season.
Coutinho who now seems to be the "go to" man for Barcelona scored two great goals in the 59th and 64th minutes to complete it hat-trick making the scoreline 5 -3 in the process.
Levante manager Paco Lopez is full of praise for Ghanaian youngster Emmanuel Boateng who hit a hat-trick in Sunday's 5-4 triumph over Barcelona in La Liga.
Levante opened the scoring after nine minutes when Jose Luis Morales blazed past Yerry Mina and teed up Boateng to blast home from close range. Initially assigned to the youth setup, he made his professional debut on 31 July 2014, coming on as a second-half substitute for Yonathan Del Valle in a 1-0 away win against IFK Göteborg for the season's UEFA Europa League.
However, Coutinho netted twice in the space of five minutes to score his first Barcelona hat-trick and with 25 minutes left on the clock hopes of a comeback were on. Led by Emmanuel Boateng's hat trick and two more goals from Enis Bardhi, Levante was heading toward a historic rout with a 5-1 lead after 56 minutes.
And the 54-year-old's decision seemed to backfire as Blaugrana found themselves 5-1 down in Valencia with less than an hour played - the first time they had conceded five since 2003.
Suarez missed a chance to level as the clock ticked down and next weekend's title celebration at home to Real Sociedad will now be a slightly less joyous occasion.
Barcelona threw everything at the Levante defence in a bid to get an equaliser but were kept out.
Barca were then awarded a penalty on 70 minutes when Sergio Busquets was brought down in the box.
- Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano Suspended
- Tepper expected to sign deal to buy Panthers
- Ramadan 2018: Why Muslims celebrate the revelation of the Koran
- Tesla Model 3 software updates revealed
- Australian astronomers find a cosmic 'monster' that's growing fast
- Wenger doesn't want to betray Arsenal
- Chance of showers and thunderstorms through much of the week
- PSX plunges by over 1000 points after Nawaz's Mumbai attacks remarks
- Flags will be flown at half-staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day
- The Right Stuff Author Tom Wolfe Dies at 88