The film titled Bill & Ted Face The Music has been opened up to worldwide sales at the Cannes Film Festival and it'll likely go pretty quickly, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
According to the first film, Bill and Ted's band, Wyld Stallions, is supposed to produce music that creates a utopia and saves mankind. As the fabric of time and space begins to fall apart, a visitor from the future arrives to warn them that only their music can save the universe. Reeves and Winter will reprise their roles as time travelers Ted Logan and Bill Preston.
The official announcement of a third Bill & Ted movie has, understandably, excited fans of the cult science fiction series. To save the world, they set off with the help of their daughters on a quest through time to gather historical figures and musical legends to find the inspiration they need to face the music.
With this latest news qualifies as "soon" is subject to debate, but the film has moved into pre-production, with global sales pegged to launch at Cannes.
It's been 27 years since their last adventure.
Parisot won an Academy Award for his short live-action film The Appointments of Dennis Jennings and is known for projects including Galaxy Quest, RED 2 and Fun with Dick and Jane. The third installment has been in the works since 2010. - The same goes for Alex Winter, whose career took a different trajectory, acting sparsely, transitioning to directing for TV movie Quantum is Calling, sci-fi comedy Smosh: The Movie, as well as TV shows such as Supah Ninjas, Level Up and Blue Mountain State, as well as some documentaries.
- New York AG Resigns Hours After Explosive Assault Allegations
- Theory Debunked: King Tut's Tomb Has No Hidden Chambers
- Johnny Manziel hospitalized over prescription meds reaction
- Toronto Raptors: 3 takeaways from Game 4 vs. Cavaliers
- New Zealand-bound tanker smuggling Sri Lankans intercepted
- Hatch calls McCain request that Trump not attend his funeral 'ridiculous'
- Comcast to rival Disney's Fox bid
- China trade talks to continue in Washington
- Quarterback Joe Burrow will transfer from Ohio State
- Guardsman left to die on highway after apparent road rage fight