"Scott, like many artists, wore his heart on his sleeve and that was evident in the lyrics of his music and the content of many of his social media posts".
The 36-year-old band member was last seen at around 1am on Wednesday after leaving the Dakota Hotel in South Queensferry. "Scott battled bravely with his own issues for many years and we are immensely proud of him for being so open with his struggles", they continued. Just before his disappearance earlier this week, Hutchison tweeted out two messages to his followers that read: "Be so good to everyone you love".
Hutchison sent cryptic tweets Tuesday telling followers to "hug your loved ones" and then that he was "away now".
When Hutchison first disappeared on Wednesday the band wrote on Twitter: "We are anxious about Scott, who has been missing for a little while now".
Prior to his death, Hutchison and Frightened Rabbit had a full slate of work, including a tour in both North America and the U.K.to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their breakout album, The Midnight Organ Fight, NPR noted. Their most recent album was Painting of a Panic Attack, released in 2016.
The band was scheduled to perform later this month and through June in the United Kingdom, starting in Halifax, and hitting Glasgow, London, and Cheltenham.
Paying tribute on Twitter, Alt-J wrote: "We are deeply saddened by the news of our labelmate Scott Hutchison, and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time".
- Stuart murdoch (@nee_massey) May 11, 2018I'm lost for words on hearing the bad news about Scott Hutchison.
Irish rock band Snow Patrol said they were devastated to hear the news about their friend.
Frightened Rabbit had recently completed a two-month 10th-anniversary tour titled "The Midnight Organ Fight", with sold-out dates during February and March in Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington in the US, and Manchester, London and Glasgow in Britain.
- Fortis chose Munjal-Burman for funds certainty
- Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (HMNY)- Performance Assessment Buzzers on Charts
- Buys Shares of 899 Nvidia (NVDA)
- Oil surrenders gains as investors take profit on Iran-based rally
- Giuliani resigns from law firm due to 'pressing demands' of Mueller probe
- IDF: Palestinians throw grenades, explosives at troops on Gaza border
- Five keys for Sixers to stay alive vs. Celtics
- Protesters warn democracy at risk if Filipino justice ousted
- Security For Royal Wedding Will Include Observation Towers For Sniper Surveillance
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut dazzle on Cannes red carpet