Cambridge Analytica, the data firm at the center of Facebook privacy row, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in a NY court on Thursday. He said that Bannon, who was CEO of the firm at the time, directed those efforts.
Political consulting group Cambridge Analytica used Russian researchers and shared data with companies linked to Russian intelligence, a whistleblower told a congressional hearing on interference in the 2016 U.S. election Wednesday.
"Mr. Bannon sees cultural warfare as the means to create enduring change in American politics".
Cambridge Analytica on May 2 had already announced its intentions of shutting down, ceasing operation and declaring bankruptcy in the USA and the United Kingdom, and Cambridge Analytica's parent company SCL Group was also reported to be shutting down.
Sen. Christopher Coons (D-Del.) asked Wylie if Bannon's goal "was to suppress voting or discourage certain individuals in the US from voting", to which Wylie responded, "That was my understanding, yes".
Wylie added that Cambridge Analytica "used Russian researchers to gather its data, (and) openly shared information on "rumor campaigns" and "attitudinal inoculation" with companies and executives linked to the Russian intelligence agency FSB.
In an interview with CNN Wednesday night, Wylie said that Cambridge Analytica offered services to "discourage or demobilize certain types of people from voting" and that African-Americans were targets of those "voter disengagement strategies".
Cambridge Analytica, the data mining firm, which is under investigation by the U.S. Justice Department and the FBI, gained prominence when its dubious practice of harvesting and mining information on people to aid political campaigns globally came to light.
Meanwhile, another whistleblower said Britons' personal data may have been misused by a pro-Brexit campaign ahead of the 2016 referendum in which Britain voted to leave the European Union.
- Autograph Seeker Sues Cardi B and Offset Over Met Gala Beatdown
- Man threatens to call ICE on workers speaking Spanish in NYC
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Tampa Evens Series With Capitals
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Derby champ Justify to start Preakness from No
- Reuben Foster's accuser offers explosive testimony, says she lied about everything
- Razak Brimah's Mamelodi Sundowns To Host Barcelona In a Friendly Today
- Rihanna's response to whether she'll be at the royal wedding is hilarious
- Rapper Mac Miller Arrested For DUI, Hit And Run
- US Sanctions Iran's Central Bank Governor, Alleges Hezbollah Ties