David Price, who didn't pitch in this week's series against the Yankees because of numbness in his pitching hand that was diagnosed as carpal tunnel syndrome, said Thursday he would cut down on playing video games as a result.
The idea that video game led to his carpal tunnel began gained traction after Price was scratched from his Wednesday night start against the New York Yankees.
"If that was the cause of the problem then it started back in 1997 when I got my first Playstation when I was 12 years old", Price said.
David Price has a 5.11 ERA in seven starts for the Red Sox this season. (Price's fondness of video games had been brought to light earlier in the week in a story from Jen McCaffry of The Athletic.) Cora waved away the concern, but the idea of Price's Fortnite-induced wound proved irresistible. "So that's the video game generation", he said, adding that since he joined the Red Sox, he's played "the least amount of video games I've ever played being in Major League Baseball". Price doesn't think playing video games contributed to that, but he said he'll give them a break so people stop talking about it.
"I've always played it with my teammate, during the offseason, at the field, at the hotel", he said. But Cora would not rule out the lefty needing a stint on the 10-day disabled list before returning to the Red Sox rotation. "If I have to shut down my video games and pick up a new hobby, so be it. And I said, 'No, ma'am".
He said he's hoping to avoid surgery, which has a two-month recovery period.
"I don't think it was the wrist injury, to be honest". Could it be his career as a pitcher which requires him to slowly destroy his arm with a violent and repetitive pitching motion?
- The Meaning Behind Miranda Kerr's Newborn Son's Name
- Enrico Battaglin wins Stage 5, Rohan Dennis keeps overall lead
- Ariana Grande And Mac Miller Have Reportedly Split Up
- Hostage crisis at Indonesia detention center ends
- Polls close in tight Malaysia vote With Najib's future at stake
- Trove of Russian-backed Facebook ads show 2016 strategy at work
- Wet wipes will face ban under new United Kingdom plastic rules
- Lalu Prasad's elder son Tej Pratap Yadav engaged to Aishwarya Rai
- MI police find evidence linking former farm to long-missing girl
- Arsene Wenger blames poor officiating for Leicester defeat