People in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Colorado were also affected.
A total of 35 people from nine states were sickened with salmonella after eating eggs that were traced back to the mid-April recall.
In 2010, a salmonella outbreak sickened hundreds and led to the recall of half a billion eggs.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday those infected with salmonella had reported feeling ill between November 16, 2017 and April 14. Illnesses have been reported in all of the states, the majority of which were from NY and Virginia, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. In a statement to the Indianapolis Star, chief operating officer Tony Wesner said: "We're sorry for any concerns we may have caused consumers because some of our policies fell short of FDA standards, and we vow to do better in the future".
There have been no deaths reported from the salmonella outbreak. The possibly tainted eggs were distributed from the farm between January 11 and April 12.
The eggs, while produced in North Carolina, are owned by Rose Farms, an in based company.
No one should eat, serve, or sell recalled eggs; any eggs affected by the recall should be thrown away or returned for a full refund. Days later, Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. issued its own recall for 23,400 dozen eggs that it bought from the farm.
The CDC instructs consumers on how to identify affected products: "Check egg cartons for the following numbers: P-1065 (the plant number) and another set of numbers between 011 and 102 (the Julian date), or, for Publix and Sunups egg cartons, plant number P-1359D and Julian date 048A or 049A with Best By dates of April 02 and April 03". It can cause diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps in sickened individuals; for older adults, infants and people with weakened immune systems, salmonella can cause more serious, even life-threatening, complications.
- Google to roll out 'Take a Break' feature for YouTubers
- Southampton 0-1 Man City: Saints ease to safety despite loss
- Nadal breezes into last 16 in Madrid, but some other seeds fall
- Madrid Open: Zverev claims title with crushing win over Thiem
- Spanish GP: Lewis Hamilton wins to increase F1 title lead
- Trump says he's working with China to save ZTE
- Spin unseen on TV behind Daniel Ricciardo time loss
- 46th match (D/N), Indian Premier League at Pune, May 13 2018
- Karnataka registers 72.13 % turnout, better than last election in 2013
- Happy Mother's Day Text Messages & Facebook Status Ideas 2018