All 16 made their jump from the aircraft before the crash.
Footage from the scene of the light aircraft crash in County Offaly shows a number of fire trucks, Garda cars and ambulances..
Two people, a man and a 7 year old boy, are reported to have been seriously injured when their plane came down after taking off from the Irish Parachute Club in Clonbullogue this afternoon.
Are these the most SHOCKING plane crashes in history?
It was found about 2km from the airfield in bogland after a search by emergency services. "A rescue/recovery operation is under way".
The 16 parachute jumpers had exited the plane at normal altitude with no difficulties, having taken off from the Irish Parachute Club in Clonbullogue - about 5km from Edenderry - at 2.25pm.
Local councillor Eddie Fitzpatrick said the airfield had a long established reputation for parachuting.
It is understood that the Air Accident Investigation Unit used digging machinery in an attempt to remove the aircraft from the bog because the impact of the crash had driven it into the ground.
Offaly councillor Noel Cribbin added: "This is a big shock to the area".
"These flights have been happening for the last 20 years and this is the first time I've heard of a plane going down".
The crashed plane was later located in a bog land lying several kilometers away from the airfield, rescue workers told local media. Gardai said there is no confirmation of any deaths at this point in time.
- How to Watch Premier League Championship Sunday
- Iran's Foreign Minister in China to rescue nuclear deal
- Junket tourism
- Southampton 0-1 Man City: Saints ease to safety despite loss
- Karnataka registers 72.13 % turnout, better than last election in 2013
- Spanish GP: Lewis Hamilton wins to increase F1 title lead
- 46th match (D/N), Indian Premier League at Pune, May 13 2018
- Spin unseen on TV behind Daniel Ricciardo time loss
- Happy Mother's Day Text Messages & Facebook Status Ideas 2018
- Madrid Open: Zverev claims title with crushing win over Thiem