Joining the show's legion of fans in lamenting the cancellation were celebrities like Lin-Manuel Miranda, Seth Meyers and Mark Hamill. However, an impending pickup of Last Man Standing spelled an end to the network's comedy brand as we know it, as it's cheaper and broader in reach than the network's quirkier, nichier single cams. Ah well, at least Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Last Man on Earth had decent runs and a lot longer than I thought they would have.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine debuted back in September of 2013 it had even won two Golden Globe awards for best TV series (comedy or musical) and best actor in comedy for their lead Andy Samberg.
"I really adore brooklyn nine-nine". The hashtags #RenewB99 and #SaveB99, among others, quickly took off; fans everywhere started weighing in on the many merits of the show and how much it has meant to them over its five seasons.
Brooklyn showrunner Dan Goor - who has been retweeting support from fans and critics across the Twittersphere - tweeted on Thursday afternoon, "Wow". Alternatively, Universal TV's sister network NBC could rescue the company-owned comedy. A second season ratings slide seems to be behind the decision.
Though the fate of the series was in limbo after Fox announced it's early renewals, it's safe to say that the news of the cancellation was one that shocked the internet.
The series is written and exec produced by Howery, Kevin Barnett and Josh Rabinowitz, with showrunner Mike Scully and Jerrod Carmichael also exec producing. Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio, Stephanie Beatriz, Chelsea Peretti, Joel McKinnon Miller and Dirk Blocker also star.
- Lalu Prasad's elder son Tej Pratap Yadav engaged to Aishwarya Rai
- Allardyce unsure about Rooney's future
- Trove of Russian-backed Facebook ads show 2016 strategy at work
- The Meaning Behind Miranda Kerr's Newborn Son's Name
- David Price (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) Could Make Next Start
- MI police find evidence linking former farm to long-missing girl
- Process Stopped: Celtics Down Sixers to Set Up Showdown with Cavaliers
- Trump says GOP had 'great night' in primaries
- Google Assistant will soon be able to make appointments on your behalf
- Ariana Grande And Mac Miller Have Reportedly Split Up