Greeted by headlines asking 'Arsene who?' when he was hired in 1996, Wenger departs firmly established as Arsenal's greatest manager.
Wenger, 68, will leave the Emirates Stadium after a reign lasting nearly 22 years when the season ends away to Huddersfield on Sunday. "It will be soon because it is a way for other clubs to fight against the Premier League".
Wenger has tried to stay focused on football, but he conceded it hasn't always been easy amid all the nostalgia triggered by his impending departure.
You have 12 minutes to name as many as you can, based on their total league goals against Wenger's Arsenal and the clubs they've scored them for.
"It is inevitable", said Wenger.
"So if you want to make the Premier League more attractive you have to go down to 16 teams and make a real competition of it".
"To enjoy it we had to win it, winning football games is what makes me happy and the boys did it".
This week, the 2017/18 Premier League campaign comes to a close as every side plays their 38th and final game of the season at 3pm tomorrow.
"Taking Arsenal to a different level from all this year, dedicating his life and not only his job, time at the club but all his life for this incredible club and he's the kind of person that will be missed in football but I hope he is still somehow in the game". While Allegri has flirted with leaving Turin this season and had said that Champions League participation was a dealbreaker, it looks that he may now relent on that. The big clubs say: 'So we have to share the money but nobody is interested in you?'
The north London outfit will finish in sixth place in the Premier League table but the Gunners will want to see out Wenger's reign in a fitting manner. However, he added that he will visit India one day.
"It will be hard to adjust of course but I will have to deal with that". Arsenal last had such a run of defeats in 1966.
- Tesla Model 3 software updates revealed
- Woods certain he'll win again
- Tepper expected to sign deal to buy Panthers
- High school seniors pull off epic prank in Wisconsin
- Flags will be flown at half-staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Fissure Seen in Close-Up During Eruption in Pahoa, Hawaii
- Ramadan 2018: Why Muslims celebrate the revelation of the Koran
- Chance of showers and thunderstorms through much of the week
- PSX plunges by over 1000 points after Nawaz's Mumbai attacks remarks
- Australian astronomers find a cosmic 'monster' that's growing fast