A significant business partner of US President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Mr Michael Cohen, has agreed to cooperate with the US government as a potential witness, a development that could be used as leverage to pressure Mr Cohen to work with the special counsel examining Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Cohen denied on Twitter Wednesday that he was partners with Freidman "in this business or any other".
The BBC reported that the Ukrainians became angered when it looked as if Cohen could not deliver on providing a substantial meeting, with negotiations apparently continuing until the day of Poroshenko's visit.
The Ukrainian sources also say Cohen was helped by Felix Sater, a former Trump Organization official who worked with Cohen in a failed attempt to build Trump Tower Moscow.
The two Ukrainians said to have opened the back channel also denied the story, the BBC reported.
US President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen leaves the US Courthouse in New York
'Poroshenko's inner circle were shocked by how dirty this whole arrangement [with Cohen] was, ' the source said, according to the British news site.
A Chabad house in Long Island has once again made headlines as a hinge point for contacts under scrutiny by Robert Mueller III, the U.S. special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. A FinCen representative said last week that "under longstanding procedures", the office "will limit access to certain SARs when requested by law enforcement authorities in connection with an ongoing investigation". Michael is a dear dear personal friend and a passive client! Just look at California BBC: Ukraine paid Cohen 0K to set up talks with Trump MORE would win the presidency.
Cohen claims Freidman is responsible for the tax debt.
Poroshenko ultimately got his Oval Office photo op and sit-down.
It suggests that Cohen broke a U.S. law requiring people to register as lobbyists for foreign governments. Hence, the red-faced Poroshenko needed a chance to make good with Trump.
Cohen's private office was raided in April by federal agents and several of his business records were seized, including those about payments to Daniels. At this point, Michael Cohen, the only thing he can do to save himself from going to jail, because this guy, Mr. Friedman has now flipped and he's gonna work with NY prosecutors and he's gonna work with Robert Mueller.
- Internet memes celebrate Rockets' game 4 win over Golden State
- Energy wells plugged as Hawaii lava flows nearby
- North Korea Gets Ready to Destroy Its Main Nuclear Test Site
- National Football League kneelers 'maybe shouldn't be in country'
- S. Korea sees 99.9-pct possibility for DPRK-US summit: Blue House
- US issues alert after employee in China reports 'abnormal' sound sensations
- Trump Initiates Trade Inquiry That Could Lead to Tariffs on Foreign Cars
- Comcast says considering all-cash offer to buy Fox assets
- Iran's Supreme Leader Has Launched a Scathing Attack on the US
- Judge orders Trump not to block Twitter followers in groundbreaking ruling