(In contrast, IDC states that 334.3 million units were shipped by smartphone vendors.) The iPhone X - Apple's most expensive iPhone yet - was found to be the world's best-selling smartphone model, as it shipped 16 million units during the quarter.
As long as Apple continues to sell around the same number of devices each year - 217 million iPhones, more than 40 million iPads, and nearly 20 million Macs in fiscal 2017 - it can sell users of these devices a growing list of services that integrate tightly with the hardware.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S9 Plus was placed sixth by selling 5.3 million units, with its share standing at 1.5 per cent. The 2018 has been good for all the tech enthusiasts as we have seen plenty of new smartphones by various giants in this year.
The analyst Amit Daryanani of RBC Capital predicts that the next iPhone X that Apple would launch at the end of 2018, would have a lower cost than that which was launched in 2017 and which was not very successful in sales due to its high price. The iPhone X also faces stiff competition from other 2018 Apple iPhones like the 8 and 8 Plus. The phone is powered by the A11 Bionic chip, which is also on the iPhone 8 series. Xiaomi marketed the device as "The smartphone for everyone" which seems to have been accurate seeing that they sold over 5.4 million units. However, not all is doom and gloom for Samsung's flagships, with the market research firm predicting the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus would become the top-selling Android smartphone in Q2 2018. According to Strategy Analytics, the global smartphone shipments reached 345 million units during the first quarter. The top six models shipped globally account for 1 in 7 of all smartphones that have been shipped in the first quarter of this year.
Despite further rumours of the iPhone X underperforming, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed in an earnings call earlier this week that the iPhone X was the popular iPhone each week in the March quarter. The previous-generation iPhone 7 shipped 5.6 million units to take fourth place.
We estimate the Apple iPhone X shipped 16.0 million units and captured 5 percent marketshare worldwide in Q1 2018. He said India is an attractive new market for iPhones, similar to China several years ago.
- Neet 2018: Twitteratis offer financial aide to Tamil Nadu NEET aspirants
- Local elections: No clear victor , Labour and Tories neck and neck
- U.S. reactivates 2nd Fleet in Atlantic to counter Russian Federation
- Who will India face in the group stages?
- 2 securiy personnel injured in ongoing encounter in Shopian
- Govt to expedite ADB funded projects
- GGG treats Vanes Martirosyan like a punching bag in easy win
- LeBron crushes Raptors with incredible buzzer beater
- RUSSIA: Security operatives arrest opposition leader, activists before Putin's inauguration
- Common Stands by Kanye West: 'No Matter What, He's Still My Brother'