His main opponent is Mike Gibbons, a wealthy investment banker who speaks admiringly of Mr. Trump's agenda and raised money for him when he was running for president.
Trump won OH by a wide margin in the 2016 presidential election, leading many OH conservatives to model themselves after him.
The Democratic primary to replace term-limited GOP Gov. John Kasich features Richard Cordray, a former OH attorney general, and Dennis Kucinich, former U.S. House member and one-time presidential candidate.
The president said, "we may have to close up our country to get this straight". CNN has reached out to the White House for comment.
In Tuesday's primary, Mr. Renacci faces competition for Trump voters who might again be drawn to someone who presents himself as an insurgent. Our immigration laws are a disgrace. The president described his frustration with how Mexico handled a "caravan" of migrants from Central American. "The poll numbers are pretty good".
But the president did touch on the tax law - the "biggest" in US history, he said, a claim he has continued to make, despite it being proven incorrect. While in Cleveland, he met with Republican donors, talked about tax cuts passed past year, and endorsed Republican Senate hopeful Jim Renacci. He invited guests on stage with him to share how the tax bill has increased their paychecks.
"In March of this year, we awarded all of our full-time employees a $1,000 bonus, and we gave all of our part-time employees a $500 bonus", Sheely said.
During the roundtable, the President sharply criticised Democrats, including Ohio's Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown, for their opposition to a border wall.
In an effort to advance his agenda and policies, President Trump is calling on OH voters to elect Republican lawmaker Jim Renacci to the Senate, saying "we need his vote very badly".
Trump previously endorsed Rep. Jim Renacci, R-Ohio, for the GOP nomination.
Trump's visit comes as Republicans are facing an increasingly challenging midterm election environment.
- Shameful: France angry over Trump's remarks on Paris attacks
- WTI oil reaches highest since 2014 on Iran worries
- Liverpool want both Nabil Fekir and Ousmane Dembele this summer
- Wisconsin man celebrates eating his 30000th Big Mac
- White House to China: Cut the 'Orwellian Nonsense'
- Mukesh Ambani's daughter Isha to Wednesday Piramal scion Anand
- Massive rally in Sana'a against Jerusalem Embassy move
- Chelsea heads into final week in top-4 chase
- Huddersfield boost survival hopes with goalless draw at Man City
- Mourinho green light for Man Utd to sell Martial