Continuing their great bowling performance this season, the SRH bowlers combined beautifully to restrict Virat Kohli's RCB - needing 147 to win - to 141/6 in 20 overs.
SRH didn't start well with the bat as they lost both their openers, Dhawan (13) and Hales (5) inside the powerplay.
RCB couldn't mount a significant charge after the fall of their captain and lost the game by five runs. He hit five fours and two sixes.
The second wicket was taken by Mohammad Siraj. Kane Williamson chased his fantastic fifty-six and Shakib Al Hasan made 35 runs. Shakib had conceded two boundaries in his first over, but came back strongly to dismiss Parthiv Patel. The RCB bowlers, led by Mohammed Siraj and Tim Southee, delivered in tandem and restricted the run-flow.
The stylish right-hander met a back of a length delivery with the full face of his bat - a flawless blend of technique and execution - and was greeted with a thunderous applause which only died down following Kohli's dismissal in the 10th over.
This meant RCB were struggling at 85-5 after 12 overs. As the tournament has progressed, we have got to see clearer which teams will get a berth in the IPL 2018 playoffs. RCB eventually fell five runs short and Yusuf Pathan's catch turned out to be the turning point of the match. If you have strong characters on this team, you're always going to do well.
Sunrisers are the pacesetters after 10 matches of the 2018 edition, with their latest success moving them two points clear at the summit.
Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Royal Challengers Bangalore in yet another powerful display of their superior bowling attack. They understand their strengths, know their limitations. Bhuvi's brilliance of bowling all the 6 deliveries yorkers, ensured 5 runs victory for Sunrisers Hyderabad at there home ground.
"As an all-round team Chennai and Punjab are good". Although, the Sunrisers Hyderabad had a brilliant day with the ball, the unlikely game changing moment came from Yusuf Pathan on the field. On a hard pitch, the 27-year old showed he had the game and the temperament to adapt to the demands of the situation, and helped himself to his fifth half-century of the season. They are nearly through to the playoffs, while RCB are nearly out of contention for a spot in the last four with just three wins and seven losses on the board.
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna reportedly arrested for domestic assault
- Emergency alert system test of cell phones failed
- Barcelona president reveals meeting Superstar Forward's agent
- Japanese Takeda to acquire Shire for $62bn
- Netanyahu opposition to Iran deal not shared by all Israelis
- Elon Musk quietly dating musician Grimes
- Uber says its fleet of flying taxis is just around the corner
- Mets trade former ace Harvey to Reds Mesoraco
- Stormy Daniels' attorney predicts Trump will not finish his term
- Alex Ferguson out of intensive care after brain surgery, Manchester United confirm