Not long after the United States announced our intent to violate global law (American press would never call it a "withdrawal" if Iran pulled out of the deal), a Syrian military base was bombed.
On Tuesday night, state-owned media outlets in Syria reported that its air defenses intercepted two Israeli missiles; however, the Syrian media is believed to have inflated its defensive capabilities in the past. Photos on social media appeared to show fires in al-Kiswah, an industrial area home to an army base, after it was hit.
Syrian state television on Tuesday said Israeli warplanes conducted airstrikes near capital Damascus. Syrian TV reported earlier large explosions in the area.
In December, Israel reportedly bombed military positions in Kissweh, including a weapons depot.
Excessive rigidity between rivals Iran and Israel have prompted an growing variety of strikes as of late.
Israel is on the alert against intervention by Iran in Syria's civil war.
On April 9, missiles targeted the T-4 air base in the central province of Homs, killing up to 14 fighters, including seven Iranians, two days after an alleged chemical attack carried out by the Syrian regime. And on April 30, Israel was accused of attacking authorities outposts in northern Syria, which left a number of pro-government fighters, a few of whom had been Iranians, lifeless.
"The IDF is ready and prepared for a variety of scenarios and warns that any action against Israel will be answered with a fierce retaliation", the Israeli army announced, according to The Times.
Later, the Israeli military said in a statement it had called up some reservists but did not elaborate.
- Barcelona president reveals meeting Superstar Forward's agent
- Toronto Raptors: 3 takeaways from Game 4 vs. Cavaliers
- Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods left frustrated at Quail Hollow
- Mets trade former ace Harvey to Reds Mesoraco
- Uber says its fleet of flying taxis is just around the corner
- New York AG Resigns Hours After Explosive Assault Allegations
- Bill & Ted 3 Confirmed, Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter Officially Set
- Katy Perry Extends 'Olive Branch' Letter To Taylor Swift
- Emergency alert system test of cell phones failed
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?