Mariners hitters have slashed.261/.327/.436 on their way to 4.6 runs scored per game this season, including 4.9 runs per game over the team's last 10 games and 5.4 per game over the team's last five outings (3-2 SU).
James Paxton allowed three runs and six hits in six innings for the Mariners in his first start since throwing a no-hitter Tuesday at Toronto.
Gardenhire was dismissed in the bottom of the fifth inning by plate umpire Carlos Torres on Saturday night.
The Tigers are planning to start lefty Matthew Boyd (1-3, 3.00 ERA), who has 26 strikeouts and nine walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 1.06.
Shane Greene pitched a 1-2-3 top of the ninth inning to earn the win. "We had a miscommunication over the phone about it and I'm not going to point fingers". With two out, Gordon hit a grounder to the right side, but Jimenez mishandled the toss from first baseman John Hicks for an error, loading the bases. Seattle starter Mike Leake gave up a pair of runs on six hits over seven innings to up his record to 4-3. He struck out three and walked two. The team has not disclosed how long the eight-time All-Star will be sidelined.
Mariners: Seager was able to stay in the game after Jones' double off his leg.
Cano was struck by an 88 miles per hour fastball from left-hander Blaine Hardy in the third inning. The team described his injury as a contusion.
- Tristan Thompson discusses new daughter True with Khloe Kardashian: "She's doing good"
- Simpson ties course record; Woods scrapes through
- Top Republican says White House should condemn aid who mocked McCain
- US Fighter Jets Intercept Russian Bombers off Alaskan Coast
- Shadab, Ashraf rain on Ireland's parade
- Homeland chief berated, seen as close to quitting
- China first self made aircraft carrier warship started sea trials today
- Classic Kohli-de Villiers partnership sees Royal Challengers Bangalore overpower Delhi Daredevils
- Wenger: Tottenham may have to sell Kane, even to Arsenal
- How Punjab Gain Toss, Opt To Field Compared to Kolkata