In order to face the pending criminal case in Kogi, Dino Melaye was re-arrested on Wednesday after his arraignment in court and perfecting his bail conditions.
Two suspects had earlier this year implicated Melaye as their financier and supplier of guns to kidnap, rob and cause political mayhem in Kogi State.
He warned that the institution will be held responsible if anything happens to Melaye in the course of prosecution which he argued the lawmaker is unfit to be undergoing.
He said the issue of bail is within the discretionary powers of the court but declined to exercise it in favour of the accused persons.
The police vehicle was conveying him to Lokoja, Kogi State where he is expected to be interrogated by the police in connection with the allegation that he armed some thugs and in relation to other criminal activities.
The speaker said he has not seen a country where someone will be arraigned on a stretcher "when he is not even in the right frame of mind to even take a plea".
Moreso, the court held that Dino must deposit his global passport with the Federal Capital Territory Police Command.
THEWILL recalls that the lawmaker was arraigned in Abuja barely 24 hours ago after he was declared fit by the National Hospital Abuja where he had been recuperating.
Dogara however, frowned on the decision of the police to arraign Melaye in court while on a stretcher.
Dino Melaye had on Thursday appeared before a Kogi court over alleged criminal conspiracy.
- Wenger reacts to Arsenal's painful exit from Europa League
- Google Assistant Can Now 'Control' Over 5000 Devices
- Bellew vs Haye 2 - London Donnybrook Expected
- Sridevi gets first National Award posthumously
- House chaplain to stay on after Paul Ryan relents on ouster
- Diseases From Ticks, Mosquitoes More Than Triple
- Scandal-hit Cambridge Analytica shuts down
- Weekly Ferrexpo Plc (LON:FXPO) Ratings on May 3, 2018
- Evacuations Ordered As Volcano Releases Lava Into Residential Area
- Comedian Bill Cosby found guilty in Andrea Constand Sexual Assault Trial