"Syria's air defense shot down two Israeli missiles, both were destroyed in the area of the Kiswa in the province of Damascus", - said the press service.
Netanyahu has vowed not to allow Iran to entrench itself militarily in neighbouring Syria, where Israel has been repeatedly accused of carrying out deadly strikes, with reports of Iranian forces killed.
"The (Israeli military) has struck dozens of Iranian military targets in Syria", Israeli military spokesman Jonathan Conricus told journalists.
The threat of Iran nevertheless persists, especially in Syria, which it is trying to transform into a forward military base against Israel.
Before meeting with Netanyahu, Putin discussed the Israeli air strikes in Syria with his Security Council, the Kremlin said.
Lebanon's National News Agency, citing Lebanese Army Command, reported Israeli jets circling over Lebanese territory early on Thursday before exiting.
Trump said he was reimposing economic sanctions on Iran and pulling the USA out of the 2015 global agreement aimed at stopping Tehran from obtaining a nuclear bomb.
The Israeli Air Force attacked Syrian air defense batteries, which fired despite an Israeli warning. Syrian state media said Israeli missiles had been brought down over Damascus, Homs and Sueida.
Israel seized 1,200 square kilometres (460 square miles) of the Golan Heights from Syria in the Six-Day War of 1967 and later annexed it in a move never recognised by the worldwide community.
He said they targeted intelligence, logistics, storage and vehicles as well as the origin of the rockets. The Golan Heights, which borders Syria, is considered a high-threat location for military activity out of Syria. After an uneventful night, the military on Wednesday called on residents to return to "full civilian routine", meaning studies and excursions would continue as usual, although the shelters would remain open.
Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman attends the Herzliya Conference, in Herzliya, Israel, May 10, 2018. "It means we are on a collision course".
- Trees fall as dust storm engulf Delhi-NCR region
- Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town 9 May 2018: EPL Soccer Preview and Predictions
- Google unveils new 'smart compose' feature for Gmail
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna reportedly arrested for domestic assault
- Japanese Takeda to acquire Shire for $62bn
- 40th Match KXIP vs RR Live Streaming on Hotstar
- Uber says its fleet of flying taxis is just around the corner
- Elon Musk quietly dating musician Grimes
- Emergency alert system test of cell phones failed
- Israel conducts airstrikes near Syrian capital Damascus, reports say