He started his spell in Paris in fine form, but an injury suffered in early 2018 has forced the attacker to miss the last few months of the campaign, though he should be fit for the World Cup.
"I was not supposed to play in the match [Troyes away in Ligue 1] just after the two Marseille games", Neymar said. The 26-year-old Brazilian joined St Germain in the summer of 2017 from Barcelona in a deal worth 222 million euros, making him the most expensive player in football history.
"Our motivation isn't going to change just because we're not going to win LaLiga, but playing is the best way to prepare, playing well at a high level of intensity".
Per Sky Sports' Katie Shanahan, Barcelona vice-president Jordi Mestre said last July that Neymar would "200 percent" be staying at the Camp Nou.
However, PSG are mindful of Financial Fair Play rules and will basically use the Neymar fee to complete the Mbappe deal and sign Pogba.
He failed in his first attempt, but with a contract that runs to 2022 and with a new manager set to be installed over the summer, PSG will hope Neymar's influence will make them challengers in the near future.
"I don't know if they are negotiating for Neymar", Zidane said, via Mundo Deportivo.
French champions PSG host Rennes on Saturday, before their final game of the season against Caen on 19 May.
Neymar admitted "fear" ahead of his return for the World Cup after a lengthy layoff following surgery for a broken bone in his foot.
"I have had a good season".
And according to the Daily Star, PSG have decided against trying to persuade Neymar to stay for a second season - and will now look to cash-in on their prized asset to the highest bidder.
- Homeland chief berated, seen as close to quitting
- Happy Mother's Day Text Messages & Facebook Status Ideas 2018
- China first self made aircraft carrier warship started sea trials today
- Spanish GP: Lewis Hamilton wins to increase F1 title lead
- Madrid Open: Zverev claims title with crushing win over Thiem
- UFC 224: Mackenzie Dern submits Amanda Cooper with rear-naked choke
- Iran's Foreign Minister in China to rescue nuclear deal
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' tops North American box office for third weekend
- Southampton 0-1 Man City: Saints ease to safety despite loss
- Israel marks opening of United States embassy in Jerusalem amid ongoing protests