Blizzard confirmed today that the anniversary event will begin on May 22nd. The game will be running a free weekend from May 25th to May 28th and will not require a PlayStation Plus subscription for PS4 players. There's also plenty of new stuff to enjoy, including Competitive Mode for Deathmatch, a fresh Deathmatch map called Petra, and dance emotes for the champions who weren't around this time previous year.
Legendary Anniversary loot boxes will also be available, which guarantee one, non-duplicate item of the aforementioned class.
Blizzard is also adding a new map to the game. There will also be a new map called Petra entering the Deathmatch rotation, and like some limited-time modes before it, it'll also have its own competitive mode.
On top of that, you'll be able to unlock numerous seasonal skins that have been released over the past two years. This sounds like a full-featured mode, as it includes placement matches, skill rating division, and leaderboards to track progress.
A new version of Overwatch will launch on May 22, 2018.
Overwatch is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. And players that decide to purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will have a Legendary Anniversary Loot Box thrown in as a bonus too.
However, Anniversary loot boxes will not only feature Anniversary items, but will actually contain a mixture of all items from past seasonal events. Players will receive special items and surprises, such as those seasonal goodies that everyone enjoyed and missed. It will include a mix of 15 legendary, epic, and origin skins. The video as provided above shows Junkrat getting a brand new skin and Roadhog dancing in a variety of skins which we have already seen in past events.
- Houston Rockets Drop Game 1 WCF to Warriors in Houston
- Seattle Council OKs Lower $50M Annual Head Tax On Big Biz
- CBS sues Shari Redstone as it moves to lessen her control
- Iraq Elections Strengthen Victories against Terrorists: Iran
- Mental Health Awareness Minute To Take Place At 10.59 Today
- Oil Prices Steady Amid US Sanctions Against Iran
- Tharoor calls Delhi Police charge sheet preposterous, says he intends to contest
- Melania Trump undergoes procedure 'to treat a benign kidney condition'
- Fire-breathing dragon float catches fire at Disney World
- Asteroid 2010 WC9 to flyby Earth on May 15