U.S. defence attaché Col Joseph Emanuel Hall, who was earlier barred from flying out on an American military aircraft by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), was reportedly allowed by the government to leave on Monday, DawnNewsTV reported quoting diplomatic sources.
Pakistani authorities made no comment about the sudden departure of the diplomat, who found himself at the centre of the latest diplomatic dispute between the two countries.
The overnight development comes days after Pakistan sent back an American plane, delaying the return of Defence attache Colonel Joseph Hall to the U.S. amidst the controversy over his immunity from prosecution, media reports said today.
The diplomat left for Afghanistan last night on a special flight, the report said.
The officials said that USA military attache Col. Joseph Emanuel Hall was allowed to leave the capital Islamabad and head home on Monday.
A State Department spokesperson told Reuters that the diplomat who was involved in the April 7 crash in Islamabad has departed the country.
An Islamabad court has ruled that Hall's diplomatic immunity does not protect him in the case.
Diplomatic relations between the two sides have hit a low ebb since U.S. President Donald Trump took office in January a year ago, mainly due to a clash of interests in war-torn Afghanistan. It was added that the local police have handed over all relevant record to the United States officials.
The Islamabad High Court had also heard a petition by Ateeq's father seeking the placement of the diplomat's name on the Exit Control List (ECL).
After the assurance, Hall was allowed to leave yesterday and apparently flew to Afghanistan initially on his way back to America, the sources said.
- Junket tourism
- Pompeo Says North Korea Could Prosper If It Makes a Nuclear Deal
- Jared Kushner Says Palestinian Protestors Are 'Part of the Problem'
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Houston Rockets Drop Game 1 WCF to Warriors in Houston
- Mental Health Awareness Minute To Take Place At 10.59 Today
- Di Francesco: Roma must learn from Juventus
- Overwatch Free Weekend Returns May 25-28
- Defector: North Korea will never give up their nukes
- Seattle Council OKs Lower $50M Annual Head Tax On Big Biz