With the rising of tonight's moon, I send my greetings and best wishes to all Muslims observing Ramadan in the United States and around the world.
Malaysian Muslims will begin Ramadan fasting on Thursday, the Keeper of the Rulers seal Datuk Seri Syed Danial Syed Ahmad announced today. It will commence when the new crescent moon is spotted, which will be either Tuesday or Wednesday.
"According to astronomical calculations, the crescent for the month of Ramadan this evening (Tuesday) did not meet the criteria agreed upon by member countries of MABIMS (Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore)", read the press release.
The TV channel "al Arabiya" reported that the first day of the Holy month of Ramadan, the Supreme court of Saudi Arabia announced Thursday, may 17.
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and considered as the holiest month of the year by Muslims. Salisu Shehu in which he quoted the Sultan as rejoicing with Muslims on the occasion of this year's Ramadan fasting, while also praying for Allah's blessings of the Holy Month.
"The council hereby enjoins the Muslims all over the Country to be on the lookout for the announcement of His Eminence, the President-General of NSCIA, on the commencement of the 1439 AH Ramadan fast", Shehu said. After sunset the fast is broken with an evening meal called 'Iftar', often starting with few sips of water and handful of candies or dates.
- Dow Win Streak at Risk After Home Depot Earnings
- Pompeo Says North Korea Could Prosper If It Makes a Nuclear Deal
- Junket tourism
- Khloe Kardashian gave Kim actual bag of penises for Mother's Day
- ICSE results 2018 out: Mumbai boy tops ICSE exam held across India
- RAGE 2 Gets its First Gameplay Trailer, where Insanity rules the World
- Pakistani Authorities Bar US Envoy Involved In Mishap From Leaving Country
- Flags will be flown at half-staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Thomas Tuchel confirmed as PSG boss
- Chance of showers and thunderstorms through much of the week