Anyone hoping for a competitive series between the Jazz and Rockets must have been pretty discouraged at the end of the first 24 minutes.
When Harden hits those at a high clip, even the best defenses are helpless against him. Snyder's solution for Game 2?
Utah played a great series against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the opening round and sent their opponents packing, but they looked rusty and inexperienced against an awe-inspiring Rockets, who dominated the game from start to finish.
Mitchell will need to continue to play at an elite level in the second round series against the top-seeded Rockets to have a chance to pull the upset.
Game 2 will be Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m.at the Toyota Center. But beating Houston in a seven-game series would be an entirely different task. Defensively, Utah didn't have many answers for Houston's 3-point shooting (17-for-32) and couldn't supply much on their own (7-for-22).
Harden notched the 6th 40-point playoff game of his career and the Rockets posted their 4th straight double-digit win in the playoffs.
James Harden and the Houston Rockets defend their home court in Game 1 against the Utah Jazz. "We've seen so many different defenses throughout this year that have prepared us for this moment". Those are good signs if you're a Jazz fan, as it seems like they found their footing and got a little more comfortable once they realized they weren't playing Portland anymore.
Aussie Joe Ingles finished with 15 points, six rebounds, and five assists, while Danté Exum chipped in nine points off the bench.
By halftime, Mitchell had just 9 points on 3-of-9 shooting for the floor.
Mitchell was shaken up when Eric Gordon stepped on his ankle as he drove to the basket with about 5 1/2 minutes remaining.
Donovan Mitchell gave Ariza a lot of credit for slowing him down in Game 1, via the Houston Chronicle's Hunter Atkins. The Rockets, who beat the Timberwolves in five games to advance, lost to the Spurs last season, and Utah was eliminated by Golden State.
- Liverpool's Salah says dispute with Egyptian football authorities nearly resolved
- Discharge from AIIMS conspiracy to deteriorate my health: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 Adding World Cup In May 29 Update
- Mauricio Pochettino says winning mattered more than Tottenham performance against Watford
- Barnier calls for rapid agreement on Irish border
- New secretary of state says Israel, Palestinian peace still a US priority
- Arizona's Tinder Fire Burns Structures, Forces Evacuations
- White House chief of staff denies calling Trump an 'idiot'
- Goyal prying open corporate houses' doors for Modi: Rahul
- Officials hope prescription take back will save lives