Houston's James Harden, Cleveland's LeBron James and Anthony Davis of New Orleans are the finalists for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award.
The votes for the regular-season awards were submitted by the media in April.
James had arguably the most complete offensive season of his 15-year career, averaging 27.5 points, 9.1 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game while shooting 54 percent from the field and 37 percent from 3 during a tumultuous season for the Cavs.
The four-time NBA MVP also posted a career-high 52 double-doubles (5th-most in NBA and 2nd-most in franchise history) and a career-high 18 triple-doubles (2nd in NBA).
However, James is also a likely candidate as despite the Cleveland Cavaliers finishing the regular season as the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, the Akron native enjoyed one of his finest individual seasons.
While his offense has never been in question, especially after averaging 20 points a night as a rookie, Embiid's defensive dominance really took his game to the next level in 2017-2018 and is a big reason his team got so much better so quickly.
Davis led the league with 2.57 blocks per game.
But, Davis' competition for the MVP award is stiff.
"I would vote for me", James said in March.
The results will be announced June 25 during a televised show in Los Angeles.
And as for Simmons, is there any question as to which award he's a finalist for?
Utah's Donovan Mitchell, Philadelphia's Ben Simmons of Australia and Jayson Tatum of Boston are the finalists for Rookie of the Year. Embiid trailed Davis in both categories and trailed Gobert in blocks per game and defensive real plus minus, which Gobert was the leader in.
- Controversy over pastor who prayed at USA embassy in Jerusalem
- Senate Judiciary Witness: Trump loves listening to rap songs about himself
- Guatemala inaugurates embassy in Jerusalem after USA move
- Trump Lists Michael Cohen Payment on Financial Disclosure
- Mohamed Salah wins EPL's Golden Boot with record-breaking 32 goals
- NY Mayor De Blasio Promises To Stop Arresting People For Marijuana
- Men Producer Weighs in on the Possibility of a Deadpool/Wolverine Movie
- Petr Čech says Arsenal continuity needed with new manager
- Samsung announces two new colours for Galaxy S9 and S9+
- California governor slams Trump for 'lying' about immigration at 'sanctuary city' roundtable