The eight-time All-Star broke the pinkie finger of his right hand when hit by a pitch from left-hander Blaine Hardy on Sunday at the Detroit. But I do care why Robinson Cano took steroids because I think it speaks to our complete and wholesale ignorance of the types of things that can drive people. Due to the suspension, he will be ineligible to play in the postseason if Seattle should make the playoffs. "Our organisation fully supports the programme".
In a statement released by the players' union, Cano said a doctor in his native Dominican Republic prescribed the medication to treat an unspecified medical ailment.
Cano tested positive for Furosemide, which is a diuretic - not a performance-enhancing drug - in violation of baseball's drug prevention and treatment program. I apologize to my family, friends, fans, team-mates and the Mariners organization. "Cano tested positive before the season, appealed and dropped the appeal", Quinn tweeted.
Canó is in the fifth season of a 10-year, $240m contract with Seattle.
"For more than fifteen years, playing professional baseball has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life", Cano's statement read". Based exclusively on his credentials (including those eight All-Star Game appearances, five Silver Sluggers, two Gold Gloves, six top ten MVP finishes, and a World Championship in 2009), a Hall of Fame selection would be a lay-up with just another year and a half of average production. "We will support Robinson as he works through this challenge".
Cano is the second player this season to be suspended for failing a drug test, along with Twins shortstop Jorge Polanco, who was suspended in Spring Training.
As for how the rest of this will play out, Cano's current time on the disabled list will count as time served during his suspension.
- Wenger doesn't want to betray Arsenal
- ICSE results 2018 out: Mumbai boy tops ICSE exam held across India
- Fissure Seen in Close-Up During Eruption in Pahoa, Hawaii
- Ramadan 2018: Why Muslims celebrate the revelation of the Koran
- RAGE 2 Gets its First Gameplay Trailer, where Insanity rules the World
- No big progress on Brexit since March - EU's Barnier
- Miss Marvel: Muslim superhero film 'in the works', Marvel says
- Thomas Tuchel confirmed as PSG boss
- Ohio Poor People's Campaign Plans 40 Days Of Civil Disobedience
- Woods certain he'll win again