The inaugural flight will take off on October 11 and will fly on Monday, Thursday and Saturday that week before daily flights will start on October 18, the airline announced in a statement on Wednesday.
"We are pleased to be leading the way with these new non-stop flights using the latest-technology, ultra-long-range Airbus A350-900ULR".
New Airbus A35-900ULR (ultra long range) aircraft will be used for the flights lasting up to 18 hours and 45 minutes.
Its addition to the global skymap will eclipse the route between Doha and New Zealand's biggest city Auckland, flown by Qatar Airways.
The aircraft will have two cabin classes - Business and Premium Economy.
A variant of the A350 XWB, the aircraft is specially designed for ultra-long-haul flights ("ULR" stands for "Ultra Long Range"), its extra fuel capacity giving it a maximum range of 19 hours and 9,700 nautical miles (11,163 miles).
There are also plans for a non-stop route from Singapore to Los Angeles using the same plane, the airline said.
Singapore Airlines confirmed on Wednesday that it's going to relaunch its nonstop service between NY and Singapore in October.
Singapore Airlines is the world's first customer for the new A350-900ULR, with seven on firm order with Airbus.
Singapore Airlines served the Singapore-New York route until 2013, when it suspended flights due to high fuel costs. The airline is expected to take delivery of its first ULR in September with all seven to be delivered by the end of the year. With the new non-stop services, there will be 72 weekly passenger services between Changi Airport and the United States.
Singapore Airlines also now has 21 A350-900s in its fleet, with 46 more on order including seven of the ULR variant.
"With strong traffic growth between the North America and Southeast Asia regions, there are growth opportunities to be tapped", he added.
Airbus A350s typically have about 300 seats, meaning those in Singapore's plane will have more space, for which the airline will be able to charge a premium.
It will lose its title in the autumn, but will remain longer than the air-link between London Heathrow and Perth which launched in March of this year.
- 'Murdered' journalist appears alive at news conference
- Melania Trump’s attempt to squash speculation over public absence dramatically backfires
- Trump says Mexico will eventually pay for border wall
- NBA Finals 2018 Game 1
- Andre Iguodala to miss Game 1 of NBA Finals with leg contusion
- Trans Mountain pipeline opponents vow to keep fighting
- Gaza border falls quiet after Egypt brokers ceasefire
- Serena Williams makes post-pregnancy Grand Slam comeback in killer bodysuit
- Harvey Weinstein indicted for rape, Manhattan prosecutor says
- Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski seeking 'a new challenge' after eight Bundesliga seasons