Snapchat's slowing growth and lower-than-expected revenue are, in part, likely due to the app's redesign disappointing another key group: millennials. And so has Kylie Jenner. This sunk shares in the company by nearly 8%, taking them back to the $17 price that were listed when the company first graced the stock market in March 2017. From 2009 to 2012, she was an award-winning syndicated columnist for a number of daily newspapers from NY to Texas.
The right-side page of the app will also contain stories from content creators and businesses, but Stories from friends will be at the top of the page, in a separate section, which should make the experience easy to understand for users.
People weren't happy with the update - deeming it cluttered and confusing, with one publisher describing the NY summit - "There was a lot of venting, a lot of aired grievances". That measure fell off a cliff among 18- to 34-year-olds in the US.
Furthermore, on the same scale, feelings among millennials fell from a high of 30 down to a low of 8 following the redesign. There's now no news on when this new Snapchat redesign will make its way to Android. However, unlike more established platforms like Facebook and Instagram, Snapchat has yet to find a way to monetize in a meaningful manner.
Snapchat's hard few monthsSnapchat has had a tough time this year. However, last month the company started testing another redesign of its redesign that reimagines how Stories are portrayed.
Since Snapchat began rolling out its controversial redesign late past year, the app's Impression score - which asks consumers if they have an overall positive or negative impression of a specific brand - has tumbled from a high of 30 in late January to a low of 8 in early April with young Americans aged 18-34, according to data from YouGov BrandIndex. It's also eliminating the messaging inbox algorithm it used to prioritize some messages over others.
Snapchat's initial success came from its simplicity, but now it seems as though they took this for granted.
- Pentagon cites 'institutional failures' for deadly Niger assault
- Trump And Kim Jong Un Likely To Meet Next Month In Singapore
- Elina Svitolina loses to Suarez Navarro, Simona Halep advances — Madrid Open
- SpaceX Launch Time & Live Stream for Falcon 9 Block 5
- Chinese Television Censored Ireland's Gay Eurovision Song Performance
- Ramos Misses Penalty As Sevilla Edge Out Ronaldo-less Madrid
- Nokia 7 plus, Nokia Sirocco go on sale in India from today
- Manchester United vs Watford: Why Micheal Carrick will start game - Mourinho
- Ford Halts Production of F-Series Pickup Due to Parts Shortage
- David Goodall ends his life by euthanasia