Describing the movie as a "boisterous bromance", he thought star Alden Ehrenreich "ably apes Harrison Ford in this straightforwardly rollicking adventure, which betrays little trace of its troubled production".
It's not the first time Star Wars and couture have intersected (See: Rodarte fall 2014), but this dress is loaded with more meaning. The new film also features Glover stepping into a role closely associated with another actor: Billy Dee Williams played Calrissian in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". I watched the trailers for Solo: A Star Wars Story with a sense of dread.
Harrison Ford left behind some sizable shoes, and Ehrenreich - making a stratospheric leap after his breakthrough role in "Hail, Caesar!" - initially struggles to fill them.
Honestly, a Han Solo origins story without Jabba the Hutt would feel out of place.
It may not seem like it on the surface, but exploring what made Han Solo the charismatic smuggler we meet (and who absolutely shoots first) in Mos Eisley Cantina in A New Hope is a gutsy thing to do. Many fans had a bad feeling about the film after original directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller left the project over "creative differences" with the producers.
Filmmaker Kevin Smith is one of the most outspoken nerds in Hollywood, regularly sharing his opinions on the latest comic book, sci-fi, or fantasy films to hit theaters. Let us know in the comments down below!
Disney/LucasFilmsAlden Ehrenreich, here shown fourth from the left, impressed audiences furing the premiere screening of "Solo: A Star Wars Story" in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 10.
Push those capes over a bit and make space in your closet for this upcoming collab from Foot Locker and Star Wars. They're joined by Thandie Newton as Val, Phoebe Waller-Bridge L3-37, Paul Bettany as Dryden Vos, and Woody Harrelson as Tobias Beckett.
- Australian astronomers find a cosmic 'monster' that's growing fast
- Miss Marvel: Muslim superhero film 'in the works', Marvel says
- Woods certain he'll win again
- High school seniors pull off epic prank in Wisconsin
- North Korea started to dismantle nuclear facilities
- Tepper expected to sign deal to buy Panthers
- PSX plunges by over 1000 points after Nawaz's Mumbai attacks remarks
- Fissure Seen in Close-Up During Eruption in Pahoa, Hawaii
- RAGE 2 Gets its First Gameplay Trailer, where Insanity rules the World
- Flags will be flown at half-staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day