Daniels and her lawyer require consideration of their case by a jury, and compensation of the caused damage to the actress. Her attorney Michael Avenatti said Monday: "We intend on teaching Mr. Trump that you can not simply make things up about someone and disseminate them without serious consequences". A White House spokesman reiterated the denial last month. He claimed AMI was running the story about Cohen in order for Trump and his administration to later attack Cohen's credibility. The payment was made by the president's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.
On Friday, a Los Angeles judge put Daniels' lawsuit to end that agreement on hold for 90 days, saying it might threaten Cohen's constitutional right against self-incrimination.
Daniels has already sued to have that agreement thrown out, and that particular case is now making its way through the courts.
Aided by her hard-charging attorney, Michael Avenatti, Daniels has aggressively sought to keep her case in the public eye.
In her complaint, Ms Clifford said the assailant had urged her to "leave Trump alone" and "forget the story", and after looking at her infant daughter said: "That's a lovely little girl". Daniels said the man approached her in a Las Vegas parking lot when she was with her young daughter.
She is already embroiled in litigation with the U.S. president in an attempt to void a nondisclosure agreement that she signed in 2016 that prevents her from speaking about an affair that she alleged to have had with Mr Trump in 2006. When stories about the alleged episode began to emerge in the 2016 campaign, Trump denied her account.
"Moments ago, we filed this lawsuit against Mr. Trump for his recent irresponsible and defamatory statements about my client @stormydaniels".
Trump is also being sued by a woman named Summer Zervos, who alleged he kissed her forcibly in 2007.
- No guns allowed at NRA convention when president, VP speak
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 Adding World Cup In May 29 Update
- Discharge from AIIMS conspiracy to deteriorate my health: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- San Antonio's Ada Vox eliminated from 'American Idol' competition
- Goyal prying open corporate houses' doors for Modi: Rahul
- Twitter sold data to app creator involved in Cambridge Analytica scandal
- Junket tourism
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Liverpool's Salah says dispute with Egyptian football authorities nearly resolved
- White House chief of staff denies calling Trump an 'idiot'