"It is with great joy and ambition that I join this great, global football club that is Paris Saint-Germain", said Tuchel.
Praised for his attractive style of attacking play and fine tactics, Tuchel was without a club since he was sacked by Borussia at the end of the 2016-17 season.
Namely, Tuchel's biggest challenge, like that of his predecessors, will be finding a way to ensure PSG are ready for big Champions League matches despite facing nearly no competition domestically.
The forward has fired PSG to the Ligue 1 title, ensuring outgoing boss Emery bows out on a high. "I can't wait to start working with all these great players who are all among the best in the world".
Tuchel enters the position with big shoes to fill as the man he is replacing, Unai Emery, leaves PSG after a season which saw the team become French champions and win both the Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue. Often described as a tactical genius, Tuchel did great things with Bundesliga side Mainz between 2009 and 2014 and the Chelsea and Arsenal target is now looking to bring his skills to bear with the capital club's more affluent means. "Along with my staff, I will do everything I can to help the team push the envelope right up to the highest worldwide level".
Elaborating further on some of the positives, the 46-year-old added: "Well I improved my French, I am feeling closer towards Paris itself, I now know how the sentence "Ici c'est Paris" really means something special". Real Madrid would stay on high even without Neymar, but if he goes, it will be the flawless transfer for everyone.
Speaking after PSG's final home game of the season against Rennes, club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi was positive that their star player would remain in Paris.
"I think he is going to stay at PSG because it's a solid project", Emery, who will leave PSG in the summer, told Cadena Ser radio.
- Manchester City shot-stopper Ederson pens extension to 2025
- Jared Kushner Says Palestinian Protestors Are 'Part of the Problem'
- Chinese plane windshield pops out mid-flight
- Gov. Bruce Rauner wants to reinstate death penalty to curb violence
- Pakistani Authorities Bar US Envoy Involved In Mishap From Leaving Country
- Mental Health Awareness Minute To Take Place At 10.59 Today
- CBS sues Shari Redstone as it moves to lessen her control
- Di Francesco: Roma must learn from Juventus
- Defector: North Korea will never give up their nukes
- Houston Rockets Drop Game 1 WCF to Warriors in Houston